Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Can you go semi-primal? page 7

Forgotmylastusername is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Basically he's asking "can I improve my diet but be more flexible in my approach". Of course he can, some people do better on a moderate less restrictive approach long term or prefer to ease into things. Just try to make the substitutions as much as you can. Eg, swap out soybean oil for olive/coconut/butter and cook yourself meals instead of sandwiches when possible. Making small diet changes for the better > making no diet changes. I encourage family to make small changes like having a cooked breakfast a few times a week instead of cereal and cutting out flavored juice and it has helped them.
    Last edited by Forgotmylastusername; 06-19-2012 at 07:32 PM.

Daydreamer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Metric View Post
    Delicious Real Caesar Salad Dressing (Primal) - The recipe I use. I don't use Worcestershire sauce (Which is listed as optional).
    Thanks for the recipe, it looks awesome
    I don't eat dairy though but it's listed as optional too.
    Young self-caring Paleo-eater from France.
    (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

Danielfire is offline Senior Member
    Don't put a label on it. No one is half pregnant or half vegie, if you don't intend to ditch grains etc, you are tweaking your diet or lifestyle but not really even trying to be primal. That being said, regardless of label, less grains is a good move.

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    I was semi primal throughout the 2000s; I ate a ton of wild salmon, red meat, kefir, kale & berries but also continued to eat some oatmeal, sprouted wheat toast and towards the end a weekly serving of pizza so I could feel like I was "really living". Not worth it for many reasons, but now I don't eat grains because I can't digest them, they take too long to cook, aren't nutritious, cause weight gain & are full of PUFA.
    Read Mark's post on Why Grains Aren't Healthy- grains don't want to be eaten. You can be semi primal sure but your health won't improve that much and you will always have one thing or another wrong that bugs you.

Lawyerchick12 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by forgotmylastusername View Post
    basically he's asking "can i improve my diet but be more flexible in my approach". Of course he can, some people do better on a moderate less restrictive approach long term or prefer to ease into things. Just try to make the substitutions as much as you can. Eg, swap out soybean oil for olive/coconut/butter and cook yourself meals instead of sandwiches when possible. Making small diet changes for the better > making no diet changes. I encourage family to make small changes like having a cooked breakfast a few times a week instead of cereal and cutting out flavored juice and it has helped them.
    this

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567