Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Can you go semi-primal? page 3

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    oh, and those fake meats are from the devil. full of industrial junk oil and bad grains. they are the opposite of healthy food. i wouldn't even go near them when i was a vegetarian.

meat is not your enemy.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Give this guy/girl a break, didn't you think it was impossible giving up grains at first? I did. It took me 2 months or so to quit them completely
    Billie trips balls

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    100 - 150 grams of carbs on your diet? No way. You're past that just from a quick research on rough carb levels using cronometer.

If you want carbs, go for 'em, but let us suggest healthier sources.

Metric is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CoconutLover View Post
    Thanks Jen, I didn't realise grains were banned full stop, I thought if it was in the carb weight loss range it was OK. The reason for the fake meat is I was scared of reports on the dangers of eating too much red meat-but I know I eat too much processed food and bread. It's just how everyone I know eats and I wasn't aware there was an alternative until I found this site. I also don't get how I've gained fat when I've lost weight from eating less carbs.
    Sorry I screwed up the order of the above post, I wanted to add a bit more in my previous post. (check the portion about fat)

- Grains gotta go. Replace with veggies/small amount of fruits (berries are a good choice). You want to consume your carbs from veggies/fruits.

- You don't only have to eat red meats, if that's a fear of yours (which I'm sure will disappear after you eat it and realize how good it makes you feel). I eat pork chops, chicken with skin, fish... You can also eat duck, etc. I'm not sure what other meat is available to you. Also, I eat a lot of eggs. I pretty much polish off 3-4 dozen eggs per week.
    Last edited by Metric; 06-19-2012 at 01:40 PM.

CoconutLover is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    Give this guy/girl a break, didn't you think it was impossible giving up grains at first? I did. It took me 2 months or so to quit them completely
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    100 - 150 grams of carbs on your diet? No way. You're past that just from a quick research on rough carb levels using cronometer.

If you want carbs, go for 'em, but let us suggest healthier sources.
    Am I? I though 20g in each bread (20x3), 3.8mg in the rivita (3.8x2), Under 10mg in the bacon/omelet and it can't be more than 10mg in the protein I have in a sandwich at lunch. I don't get how I go over as I'd only have a small portion of potato or rice at dinner and a couple more servings of fruit/vegetables.

Quote Originally Posted by noodletoy View Post
    oh, and those fake meats are from the devil. full of industrial junk oil and bad grains. they are the opposite of healthy food. i wouldn't even go near them when i was a vegetarian.

meat is not your enemy.
    OK I'll steer clear of the fake meat, I love the real stuff, was just worried about risk of cancer from too much processed red meat.

Metric is offline Senior Member
    Am I? I though 20g in each bread (20x3), 3.8mg in the rivita (3.8x2), Under 10mg in the bacon/omelet and it can't be more than 10mg in the protein I have in a sandwich at lunch. I don't get how I go over as I'd only have a small portion of potato or rice at dinner and a couple more servings of fruit/vegetables.
    Rice and potatoes are high in carbs. Just 1/2 cup of rice has about 23g of carbs and and a 1/2 cup of potatoes has abour 12g carb. If you just eyeball the measurements, it's easy to underestimate the carbs.

Yeah I'm not used to measuring carbs or anything really, is there a site that adds it all up for you?

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Yeah I'm not used to measuring carbs or anything really, is there a site that adds it all up for you?
    Cronometer.com

It's pretty cool
    Billie trips balls

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast