Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fasting? page

Gadsie is offline Senior Member

Fasting?

Primal Fuel
    I don't actually try to fast anymore because some people convinced I shouldn't really since I'm 15 and growing and stuff. However I would sometimes (once or twice a week) for merely 14-16 hours. Simply because I sometimes forgot to buy breakfast for that day and all my family has got is bread, or for example on mondays I've got school from 10 til 5. And i don't like eating at school, so I want to "fast" for a weak 7 hours. But even this is hard for me. At around 3pm I get very hungry, weak and sometimes my stomach starts to hurt.
    Though I might need a lot of food, I don't think I shouldn't be able to go without food just for 7 hours. Not everything can be blamed on being a teen. I've even tried 3000-calorie breakfasts, and I still get hungry and weak in the afternoon. So it's not because of a general lack of food
    Any idea why I get this?
    Billie trips balls

Nady is offline Senior Member
    Need to know what you're eating~ weak could be low blood sugar, could also be dehydration. How much water do you normally drink? Are you feeling this weakness after exercise, or just in general?

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    It's better not to fast until you have a strong sense of your hunger signals -- something that you are already struggling with.

sjmc is offline Senior Member
    Pack a snack

Quote Originally Posted by Nady View Post
    Need to know what you're eating~ weak could be low blood sugar, could also be dehydration. How much water do you normally drink? Are you feeling this weakness after exercise, or just in general?
    I'm feeling the weakness when I didn't eat for a couple of hours. But exercise always makes the weakness and hunger disappear for a little while.
    Usually my breakfast is eggs with cheese and beef fried in coconut oil and an apple
    Billie trips balls

Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    It's better not to fast until you have a strong sense of your hunger signals -- something that you are already struggling with.
    Fasting helps with listening to hunger signals, I am sure I am hungry after fasting
    Billie trips balls

Quote Originally Posted by sjmc View Post
    Pack a snack
    lol I'm not good at keeping food for later. I tried the packing a snack but everytime I arrive at school I'm like "fuck that I'm eating it now". Same reason I can't do groceries for a week ahead. I'll eat the entire fridge anyway that same day
    Billie trips balls

Daydreamer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    lol I'm not good at keeping food for later. I tried the packing a snack but everytime I arrive at school I'm like "fuck that I'm eating it now". Same reason I can't do groceries for a week ahead. I'll eat the entire fridge anyway that same day
    Pretty sure it's your young body craving for food because it needs nutrients to grow man.
    Or you have an history of mindlessly overeating.
    Young self-caring Paleo-eater from France.
    (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post
    Pretty sure it's your young body craving for food because it needs nutrients to grow man.
    Or you have an history of mindlessly overeating.
    Well, I spent from 10 years old until 14 years old eating crap 24/7 like most teenagers but never gained any fat. And the years before that were CW "healthy". I switched to primal half a year ago (I'm 15 now). And that's where problems began,(not primal's fault of course) I became sort of anorexic for 2 months being very active and eating 2500 cals a day. I got out of that by eating 5000 or so cals day. But currently I feel like I'm a food addict. I even want to eat when I'm not hungry (or at least think I'm not hungry) and I sometimes eat way too much until I'm stuffed. I have no idea why.. I first thought it was because I was undernourished for 2 months. But I guess 4 months of 5000 calories a day should've fixed that by now
    Last edited by Gadsie; 06-20-2012 at 12:36 PM.
    Billie trips balls

Daydreamer is offline Senior Member
    Man, eating a lot while eating crap and eating a lot while eating good paleo nutrients don't have the same effect at all.
    I experienced the same problem, and I kind of go through the same experience as I'm recovering from hypogonadism (diet and training induced). At first I thought I was falling in a bulimic trap. Then I upped my intake of animal/coconut fats and I feel much better. I'm still eating big however, but without discomfort and while staying lean. I'm naturally developing my masculine body.

Check out my post in the Success stories about Hypogonadism. During a time I developed a strange anorexic behavior too, when I felt that "all was lost". Was hyper-active and calories restrictive.
    Young self-caring Paleo-eater from France.
    (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast