I've only gone and hurt my deltoid muscle at the gym today. I did chest presses with 12kg in each hand, completed my sets, no pain. Then the very next thing I tried to do, I got a pain in my left deltoid and couldn't lift the weight at all. I rested a while and tried again but couldn't do it. And this was not an lift I have ever struggled with. Well not in the last couple of months anyway....

I wanted to cry with frustration! And then I couldn't even get my bag and leave because the changing room had filled up with morbidly obese old women who seemed very happy with their nakedness, and I couldn't get near my locker. That was a situation I wasnt comfortable pushing into the middle of!

So anyway. I'm a bit concerned about losing my lifting skills, presumably I'm going to need to rest this shoulder a bit. Currently it hurts if I lift my arm out to the side or above my head. Should I try to carry on using lighter weights, just to keep things moving? Or rest it entirely for a while? I was planning on lifting things again the day after tomorrow...worth trying it to see or not?