Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OH NOES I'M DYING! ECA Stack and Primal page 2

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I 2nd the aspirin part. I took it out of the stack, when I was taking it a long ass time ago. I didn't get as nauseous (there was still some) AND all the dead lift bruises on my shins healed up pretty quickly.
    I started adding in GTE with it and though the nausea sometimes got pretty bad the results were freakin' awesome.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

NicMcCool is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IcarianVX View Post
    I 2nd the aspirin part. I took it out of the stack, when I was taking it a long ass time ago. I didn't get as nauseous (there was still some) AND all the dead lift bruises on my shins healed up pretty quickly.
    I started adding in GTE with it and though the nausea sometimes got pretty bad the results were freakin' awesome.
    Never really gotten into the green tea extract (I'm totes assuming that's what you mean by GTE). I might have to look into that.

To go with your bruising example, one thing I noticed about the stack is it thins up my blood, skinnier than a runway model in a famine. Cut myself on an old fashioned log press and kept bleeding for 2 days. Was finally able to stop it with some rubber cement and duct tape (no joke, bandaids were shit help).

Quote Originally Posted by cma77 View Post
    It might be the aspirin, have you done the stack before? Aspirin can rip your stomach up pretty bad especially with no food in it. You could drop the aspirin from the stack and see how that goes. If that's not it, "Eat oats bro!"

I thought the aspirin was the main reason the stack was effective in targeting fat and not muscle. And I'm only taking 85mg, didn't know that little bit could cause so much problems.

Quote Originally Posted by erikJ View Post
    You can do a successful cut without that stuff too. Personally staying as content and happy as possible is what will allow one to continue the cut. Feeling tired, depressed, wired, nauseous or just all around cranky makes for a shitty 5-12 weeks or whatever of cutting. Have you tried a leangains style cut?
    The problem is I only have a small window of time. If I could go about this at my own pace I'd MUCH rather go 100% natural. I'm not a huge fan of cutting in general. Honestly I hate bodybuilding, I'd much rather stay at 260 and compete fulltime in strongman. But alas, peer pressure is a bitch, and Mrs. McCool seems to like looking at abs.
    Last edited by NicMcCool; 06-20-2012 at 01:39 PM.

cma77 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NicMcCool View Post
    I thought the aspirin was the main reason the stack was effective in targeting muscle and not fat. And I'm only taking 85mg, didn't know that little bit could cause so much problems.
    The aspirin is there to help "circulate" the ephedra, extend it's half-life a bit. Supposedly it also revs up fat burning but there are no studies that really support this, for most the EC is just as effective as far lipolysis and being protein sparing. If the aspirin was the issue and you dropped it you could probably work up to the full dose and there wouldn't be an issue of extending half-life or nausea. But if you're dead set on keeping the aspirin I would imagine if you just keep up the dosing as you are doing now the nausea might dissipate by itself. The appetite suppression/nausea effects are known to wear off after a couple of weeks and your appetite returns (some folks add l-tyrosine to the stack to try to remedy that loss of appetite suppression) so if it's squeaky bum time you could just endure and see what happens but really dropping the aspirin, no matter how low the dose, to see if that's the issue won't set you back too much.

Paleobird Guest
    Dude, this has to be said. Either you do the stack OR you are Primal. Dosing yourself with chemical things that make you nauseated and bleed easily is not Primal. It comes under the heading of "Avoid Poisonous Things".

I say this as someone who was a bodybuilder back in the day. As pointed out by erikJ upthread, it is perfectly possibly to do a cut while not resorting to drugs. You are doing damage to your body that may not be apparent now as you look good on that runway but it will bite you in the ass as you age. Please. It's not worth it.

NicMcCool is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cma77 View Post
    The aspirin is there to help "circulate" the ephedra, extend it's half-life a bit.
    If that's all it does I'll cut it out and see if the nausea goes away. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Dude, this has to be said. Either you do the stack OR you are Primal. It's not worth it.
    As stated before this is solely due to a time crunch. If this was on my own terms I'd go totally natural. The money and (more importantly) the exposure are too important to pass up at this point in my career. Not only for me but for my gym as well.

Also, like I stated before, I'd be much happier to never have to do a BB show again. I hate them. There's nothing worse than standing in a light getting judged by out of shape has-beens while you're about to pass out from malnutrition. I'd be much happier sitting at a healthy 260 and lifting axles all day.

Thanks for the concern, but unfortunately this is something I have to do.

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    Also, like I stated before, I'd be much happier to never have to do a BB show again. I hate them. There's nothing worse than standing in a light getting judged by out of shape has-beens while you're about to pass out from malnutrition. I'd be much happier sitting at a healthy 260 and lifting axles all day.
    Not to mention the banana hammock. That's gotta be thrilling to wear in front of a bunch of people.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

Nivanthe is offline Senior Member
    Like really, really nauseous. Like watching Bambi with your bros and trying not to cry nauseous.
    I have to say, you've quickly become my favorite poster

On the nausea thing, I've had experience using many (strong) fat burners, but there was one I tried last year that quickly made me worship the porcelain throne after about 1 week of use. Once I realized that I was not actually ill, but it was the fat burners, I threw the bottle away.

If it's a new stack and not something you've used before, it's possible that there's something in it that isn't agreeing with you.

pklopp is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post
    Just did a quick google on ECA and ephederine is banned in Canada, USA and the netherlands. Given a quick check on the effects of the drugs in an ECA stack I am not surprised you are feeling nauseous.
    I am not sure if there is anything you can do to counteract the drugs.
    A tangent, really, but the reason ephedrine is banned is due to the fact that the DEA decided that the only use for it was in the manufacture of methamphetamines. You can ban just about anything if your narrative involves protecting children from drug abuse, or the flag.

-PK
    My blog : cogitoergoedo.com

Interested in Intermittent Fasting? This might help: part 1, part 2, part 3.

pklopp is offline Senior Member
    So ...

Ephedrine : adrenergic stimulant
    Caffeine : adrenergic stimulant
    Aspirin : blood thinner, and gastro-intestinal irritant

Despite the irritant bit, I really doubt it's the aspirin that's causing the nausea. For me, caffeine is mildly nauseating and curbs my appetite, which is why I drink it religiously while fasting. Ephedrine does the exact same thing, just more so. Keep in mind that I'm a caffeine addict, so any habituation effects should have manifested a long time ago with my metabolism.

To each his own, but I think you should dump that crap and try fasting. You are cutting after all, so all of this "starvation response" fear mongering should not bother you. But, let me leave you with some salient details:

• Humans have significantly different hormonal responses to fasting than other mammals, and particularly rats.
    • Growth hormone secretion in humans increases five fold by day two of a fast. In rats, no change.
    • Growth hormone is protein sparing and fat mobilizing ... your bodybuilding brethren can probably give you more details.
    • Even for rats, a three day fast had no effect on muscle protein content, although they did lose significant amounts of non-protein mass, probably glycogen and water weight.

Of course, your mileage may vary as it sounds like you're doing the traditional bodybuilding constant eating routine, which works especially well when you supplement with, ahem, protein synthesis enhancing substances. If you are supplementing in this manner, fasting will probably work even better as you have circulating growth factors that would actively prevent authophagy in muscle tissue.

-PK
    Last edited by pklopp; 06-21-2012 at 09:14 AM.
    My blog : cogitoergoedo.com

Interested in Intermittent Fasting? This might help: part 1, part 2, part 3.

bionicsamm is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I don't find it makes me feel sick, but I ditched the aspirin ages ago, only because I ran out and didn't bother to replace. I didn't notice any change in the effectiveness of the stack.

ECA stack is no less primal than other medicines/supplements.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast