Thread: Hello from Scotland! page

skyegirl is offline Junior Member

Smile Hello from Scotland!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi, I am new here.

I live on the Isle of Skye in Scotland. I have been living low carb for a couple of years and I lost 12kg and got my weight down to where it was in my early 20's (now in my 40's). However, I found I my weight was starting to creep up again and I also felt that there was still more I could do to improve my diet and fitness.

About a month ago, I went searching on the net and I found Mark's Daily Apple, which has been fantastic for me. I realised I needed to quit the artificial sweeteners and all grains. I cut most dairy out and I have started incorporating coconut into my diet.

I have just started out on The Primal Blueprint Fitness - got a LONG way to go with that but I am really excited about the journey ahead.

I am also looking forward to chatting with folks here, picking up good advice and tips and staying motivated.

Rod Lugg UK is offline Junior Member
    Hi, I'm down in sunny Bristol, a long way from Skye but at least we're on the same timezone!

I'm 41 and just joined too, have lost 47lbs the "regular route" now considering primal once I receive the book and work it all out!

good luck and keep me posted!

Nice to hear from you Rod. No-one I know is following this plan. My friends and family think my eating habits are pretty strange! Good luck with the book and getting started!

KerryK is offline Senior Member
    I'm in the US. I lived in Englad as a girl and we visited The Isle of Skye - I loved it and still remember it. I'm 47 and lost 38 lbs so far. But even more importantly I'm getting my health back and shedding meds like a snake sheds skins. Perhaps not the loveliest of metaphors... but still...

Welcome to you both.

Hi Kerry, thanks for your reply. Skye is a lovely place to live especially when the weather is nice. You are doing great to lose so much weight! I am with you on the ditching the meds front too. I have stopped taking meds for acne, migraine and heartburn! The next biggie for me is to get off antidepressant meds - I am feeling ready to do this now, eating the right foods and making sure I get enough Omega 3 and Vitamin D is making me feel so much better physically and mentally. Isn't amazing how food can be better than medicine!

KerryK is offline Senior Member
    It is! That's very exciting to read! Keep it up and yes, oh yes, food IS medicine. The best kind!

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Having lived in the far North of Scotland I would suggest you get in touch with the forestry commission and see if you can get you hands on some of the deer they cull. You will have to butcher it yourself but well worth it.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

I hadn't thought of that....

Lewis is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skyegirl View Post
    I have just started out on The Primal Blueprint Fitness - got a LONG way to go with that but I am really excited about the journey ahead.
    I rather envy you. It's just too darn crowded south of border here! I haven't been to Skye, but the further north you go in the British Isles, the more you notice settlement thinning out. I imagine you've got a headstart on peace and quiet and noise and light pollution. Try to cross a country lane in Sussex or Kent or Surrey, and you'll probably get run over.

And while contemporary Scotland seems to have one of the worst diets in the developed world, tying with even the U.S. in obesity rates, it really needn't be so. There's all that marvelous produce -- game, seafood ...

You're also living in the home of that Paleo fitness icon the kettlebell. Episode 22:

iTunes - Podcasts - Primal Body Primal Mind Radio by Nora T. Gedgaudas, CNS, CNT