Thread: Homemade sriracha? page

Rasputina is offline Senior Member

Homemade sriracha?

Shop Now
    anyone have a recipe for homemade sriracha?

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    Here you go:
    How to Make Sriracha from Scratch | Serious Eats

I haven't tried it myself, but it looks good.

palebluedots is offline Senior Member
    There was another post recently about homemade hot sauces, and I put up my recipe there. I'm sure if you do a search, it'll pop right up. I basically soak some dried peppers overnight (you can use any kind of pepper you want, I usually do a hot red chili and some chipotles), then in the morning, I throw them in my vitamix with some water, vinegar, garlic, salt, black pepper and a few fresh dates. Blend on high until smooth, taking tiny tastes to make sure you like the basic flavor, adding more dates, salt, etc if needed. Keep in mind though that the full flavor will not develop for several days to a week. When you're happy, strain through a few layers of cheesecloth (reserving the liquid that makes its way through). Pour the strained liquid into bottles. Discard the leftover pepper bits. My husband will not eat any other hot sauce now. The hardest part is being patient for the few days it takes for the flavors to mellow out and develop!

Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by palebluedots View Post
    There was another post recently about homemade hot sauces, and I put up my recipe there. I'm sure if you do a search, it'll pop right up. I basically soak some dried peppers overnight (you can use any kind of pepper you want, I usually do a hot red chili and some chipotles), then in the morning, I throw them in my vitamix with some water, vinegar, garlic, salt, black pepper and a few fresh dates. Blend on high until smooth, taking tiny tastes to make sure you like the basic flavor, adding more dates, salt, etc if needed. Keep in mind though that the full flavor will not develop for several days to a week. When you're happy, strain through a few layers of cheesecloth (reserving the liquid that makes its way through). Pour the strained liquid into bottles. Discard the leftover pepper bits. My husband will not eat any other hot sauce now. The hardest part is being patient for the few days it takes for the flavors to mellow out and develop!
    Thanks!

vrodmuscle is offline Member
    I love Siracha, great post.
    My Youtube Health and Fitness Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/dcdhealthfitness

Will be making more videos weekly.

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    Fuggin sweet. I was always wondering how the heck to make Siracha but never looked.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.