Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do or Die Primal Journal (bakers3) page

bakers3 is offline Member

Do or Die Primal Journal (bakers3)

Nm
    Last edited by bakers3; 06-19-2012 at 02:15 AM.

June68 is offline Senior Member
    Welcome aboard and I wish you the best of luck. It won't be easy, but I believe that the Primal eating plan is the way out for a lot of people. After all, look where eating low-carb, low-fat, processed food has gotten us. Read the book. Make the changes. Stick to them. Don't expect changes overnight, but do expect them.
    5' 9" 44 YO F
    PB start June 2, 2012
    Pre PB SW = 180 (no scale at home, Mom's scale January - 153lbs!)

PB Journal

Thanks! My problem is sticking to it. I know what I have to do!

Anyway, here is a rough outline of my plan of attack:

Today: make it through the day. I have a grilled steak and local tomato salad in frig to nibble on whenever hungry, lots of water, no going to store and buying any crap!

Tomorrow and the next few days: same as the first. Have home smoked chicken breasts in freezer along with several other meaty goodies. Plan on fat, protein and veggies, coffee and water only. butter and coconut oil are my preferred fats but have evoo or salads. Theme of week: KISS!

Sometime this week: transition back onto supplements (at least my multi and fish oil but also D and Magnesium probably)

Over the next 10 days or so, keep sticking to the above and if the temperature ever drops below 90 (!) incorporate some long slow walking.

In about 2 weeks, once the above factors are solid, quit smoking and increase the exercise.

After that: Refine and improve but most of all....Keep going!

Made it through Day 1. Had insomnia last night and removed my story. Felt it was a bit too soul baring for now. I'll rephrase here more briefly. 100+ pound to lose, have been on and off low carb, Primal, and other plans for years. I am developing health issues and just hate what I have let happen to my body and soul. Just turned 45 and I am ready to stop dieting and come to terms with the fact that I need a complete lifestyle change due to health issues and utter unhappiness with my body and health. That concept has NEVER clicked with me before, but now is the time.

Yesterday was hard and I ate too much including the nuts that won't be replaced once they are done. For now I am going to try to limit myself to fat (coconut oil, butter, ghee and some EVOO for salads) lower carb veggies and meat. Lots of meat. Lol.

Feeling really good today. Major heart palpitations last night which contributed to my insomnia. I believe it may be magnesium/potassium issue so am starting supplements today. I am hypothyroid and while I dont feel comfortable with major iodine supplementation, I did go ahead and buy some "light salt" as I exclusively use a very course sea salt. This will give me some potassium supplementation as well as some trace iodine. Not the most "natural" but hoping it balances me out a bit.

Currently sipping a homemade "cleansing" tonic which I feel will be an awesome natural source of antioxidants as well as helping me wean off my Fresca addition. Not too shabby considering I just tossed it together: 1 TBS tart cherry juice extract (no sugar), juice of one lemon, a splash of Braggs Apple Cider vinegar, one packet of stevia and a ton of fresh cold water and ice. It's pretty yummy!

Not hungry yet since my insomnia led me to sleep until way past noon and my "morning" coffee contained a healthy serving of coconut oil. When I do get hungry, primary meal will be smoked chicken breast with spinach sautéed in butter and coconut oil with garlic, red peppers and a splash of cream to bind it. Have some fresh ripe local tomatoes too which will likely find their way into the meal as well.

Hanging in there and feeling good. I rarely get carb flu - I think it's because this way of eating is truly what my body craves?

Yesterday was a good day despite being a Hungry Hungry Hippo...lol. Heart palps still a problem so went to my doctor to run some tests...redoing a thyroid panel to make sure my T3 and T4 doses are still adequate, a complete metobolic panel and a vitamin D screen. He also did an EKG which looked good. I am on a med called Bystolic which is for my blood pressure but it also happens to be a beta blocker. He gave me the go ahead to take an extra 5 mg on days the palps are really bad until we can figure out if it is my thyroid or a mineral deficiency.

Down 5 pounds since Monday...sure, it's water but it's 5 pounds less water I am trying to squeeze into my clothes and carry around!

Today I am making a big batch of a meal base: 3 pounds organic ground beef from costco sautéed with kale, garlic and an onion all from the farmers market. Can eat it plain or mix with eggs. Breakfast was coffee with 2 TBS coconut oil which will hold me until early afternoon when my burger and kale will be done.

Saturday is the big farmers market downtown so I will take my food budget for next week in cash and see if I can get a nice variety of local organic veg, some free range eggs and a couple pounds of grass fed meat. Despite trying to be VLC for the first month or so, some local berries might be purchased for a treat as they are prime for the picking this week and such a healthy treat!

Still drinking lots of water and a few large glasses of my lemon/cherry/ACV every day. Only 3 frescas all week so far!

Energy really kicked in today! Ordered a bunch of boxes and moving supplies from Cost-co last week which should arrive this afternoon or evening so in preperation, I have tidied the house, caught up the laundry, made my beef and kale dish (turned out delicious!) and several other tasks. Now I have a big cleaned out space to start stacking boxes after packing...can start in the morning without having to worry about housework or cooking since my beef and kale will feed me today and tomorrow!

Really need to focus on how good I feel when I am eating right. Not sluggish, tired, sick, etc. as when I am eating grains, sugar and processed food. Weight loss is a benefit of this lifestyle, not the goal!

Glad you're feeling good!
    5' 9" 44 YO F
    PB start June 2, 2012

PB Journal

Day 5 and going strong. Needed much less coffee this morning to wake up....less than half my normal amount! Great energy and excited to see what I will discover at the farmers market tomorrow....it is a huge market here so I am hoping to bring home lots of good organic, primal food!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Good job. Isn't it great when coffee can be enjoyed as other than a raising from the dead experience?
    5' 9" 44 YO F
    PB start June 2, 2012

PB Journal

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast