Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: High Cholesterol and terrified! page 3

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member

Rattybag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Apex Predator View Post
    Thats quite an interesting article! Not sure if I believe it though?
    It certainly flies in the face of everything Ive thought / been told / read etc about cholesterol!

So much conflicting stuff out there!!
    I'm not a complete idiot! There's parts missing!!

Rattybag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    But the thing is, I feel terrific so I'm not going to change my diet. If I did change my diet I would try to eat leaner meats and maybe take lots of niacin. The thing is, if I eat too lean too long I start to feel bad (hungry, less happy and sometimes sort of anxious, desperate or heart palpitations) and don't feel good again until I eat something fatty. I can live with cycling my fat intake like that, though, if it became necessary.

So at this point, I have decided that I will not seek out medical testing or treatment unless I actually feel sick. I feel healthier than ever so why invite big pharma into my life?
    I hear what your saying and I agree with you - to a point!
    However, high cholesterol has no symptoms, nor does high blood pressure, so can you really go simply by saying "well I feel ok"! ?
    If things are going on inside me that have an adverse effect on my future health, Im not sure its wise to ignore it.
    I'm not a complete idiot! There's parts missing!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rattybag View Post
    Thats quite an interesting article! Not sure if I believe it though?
    It certainly flies in the face of everything Ive thought / been told / read etc about cholesterol!

So much conflicting stuff out there!!
    I'd take a look at the studies he cites and make up your own mind.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    High cholesterol has no symptoms because it is not a disease.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    My cholesterol, the last time I got it checked, was even higher than yours -- both total (360+) and HDL (121). My LDL was also extremely high (past 200). My tris were low (37, I believe). My first doc flagged everything -- including my HDL being "too high" and my tris being "too low" and cried "DRUGS MAY BE NEEDED." I switched doctors.

Also: I'm not dead yet.

Good luck as you wrestle with everything. Try not to panic, and do more research regarding the drugs you're taking now for your seizures and see whether there is a connection to higher cholesterol numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by JackieKessler View Post
    My cholesterol, the last time I got it checked, was even higher than yours -- both total (360+) and HDL (121). My LDL was also extremely high (past 200). My tris were low (37, I believe). My first doc flagged everything -- including my HDL being "too high" and my tris being "too low" and cried "DRUGS MAY BE NEEDED." I switched doctors.

Also: I'm not dead yet.

Good luck as you wrestle with everything. Try not to panic, and do more research regarding the drugs you're taking now for your seizures and see whether there is a connection to higher cholesterol numbers.
    Trigs too low?!? WTF?

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Apex Predator View Post
    Trigs too low?!? WTF?
    Yep. Awesome, right?

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    High cholesterol has no symptoms because it is not a disease.
    +eleventyhunscrillion

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I noticed a similar topic today on Paleohacks. A guy has been eating high cholesterol, testing his blood cholesterol, eating low cholesterol, testing his blood etc. He appears to respond to increased dietary cholesterol with a reduction in serum cholesterol. Apparently some people will respond that way and others are the opposite. Even if his tests are silly (like maybe the low cholesterol is delayed by a day and is really the response to the low dietary cholesterol day) I'm amazed at how his cholesterol fluctuates wildly. After reading that, I think it would be better to get a bunch of tests and average them out rather than freak out over one test.
    LDL high? Increase your cholesterol intake. The elephant in the room? - PaleoHacks.com
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast