Thread: Sourcing great food in Perth WA page

PPNaturopath is offline Junior Member

Sourcing great food in Perth WA

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Perth, west australia always seems to miss out on the good stuff but this last weekend I went to the growers market at Clontarf on Manning Rd and it is a bonanza. Organic meats, free range inexpensive eggs, honeys (for those who like), teas, amazing cheeses, organic vegies, juices and on and on. Not a huge market but what is there is very good. Good prices too - I spent $28 and ended up with soo much food.

Perth can be v expensive so it was a welcome relief! It gets very busy I'm told - saturday mornings ends around 1 or 2pm.

Had to share this little gem!

Any other markets around Perth that people can recommend?

Goosejuggler is offline Senior Member
    Thanks! People have mentioned Clontarf to me, but after my experience at Subiaco market I wasn't going to give it a try.

Its not a market, but my favourite place right now is farmer jacks. Always heaps of cheap seasonal veg, and grass-fed beef at $6.99 a kg! We buy rumps for $30-40 and it lasts two of us for about 8 days or so. Super tasty (my dinner tonight!)

Will have to give Clontarf a go on Saturday - Me and the OH will be the ones wearing Vibrams!

HelenLouise is offline Senior Member
    Is there anything north of the river? I work Sat mornings so wouldn't be able to get down to Clontarf, which is probably about a 40min drive from me anyway.