Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How much fat/protein to eat? page

Isabel1989 is offline Junior Member

How much fat/protein to eat?

Hi everyone,

I have recently began my PB journey (6 days ago) and is very determined to make this work properly. My previous attemps to lose my body fats+weight loss via other forms of diet (such as calories restriction, atkins) and exercises (I exercises up to 6 days a week) fail miserably. After reading MDA, i now understand why my previous attempts didnt work.

Anyway, I have read that I am suposed to take in lots of fat, protein than 50-100g of carbo per day. But i am rather confused as to how much fat and protein should i take in? I am a Asian female, 155cm and 52kg.

The below are what i have been eating for the past 5 days (I am still experimenting):

Day 1
    Carbo: 77g (30%)
    Protein: 99g (31%)
    Fat: 57g (39%)

Day 2
    Carbo: 57g (19%)
    Protein: 114g (42%)
    Fat: 56g (39%)

Day 3
    Carbo: 80g (27%)
    Protein: 131g (45%)
    Fat: 36g (28%)

Day 4
    Carbo: 82g (26%)
    Protein:126g (41%)
    Fat: 45g (33%)

Day 5
    Carbo: 76g (22%)
    Protein:156g (44%)
    Fat: 53g (34%)

Day 6 (Today)
    Carbo: 71g (21%)
    Protein: 81g (23%)
    Fat: 87g (56%)

Carbo comes mainly from fruits, veggies and yogurt. Fats from cream butter, extra virgin olive oil and mayo. Protein from casein protein powder, milk and eggs/meats. I try to restrict my calories intake to around 1200 calories (though most of the time exceeding it). My exercising regime includes tennis, weight lifting+light jogging (PB fitness) and aerobics (once per week). Usually i will achieve a net calories deficit.

When i initially started out PB exercise, i somehow gain 2-3kg overnight to 53.9kg (which i attribute to growth in lean muscle and severe water retention). Now my weight has been steadily dropping back to 52kg. Day 6's diet seems to work best for me in curbing my hunger (i used to constantly munch on snacks like fruits and nuts). Nuts and milkshake for killing hunger dont work for me at all (because they taste soooo gd).

Apologies for the long post. Ultimately, I am confused as to how much fat and protein should I take in?

Wanderlust is offline Senior Member
    Put down the scale, it gives no useful data in the short term. Weigh yourself after a month.

You want about 2-2.2 grams of protein per kilo of body weight, which you're already doing. Make up the rest of your calories in fat.

The 50-100g of carbs, might be a little too high for you. That's for standard sized Americans, 40-80g would be about right for you.

I will point out that you're tiny already and don't get carried away with obsessing over your calories. I know it's popular there to be very skinny, without any muscle. Just eat right, eat quality, exercise and time will do the rest.
    "Go For Broke"
    Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
    Small Kine-168/9%
    Now- 200/8%
    Goal- 210/6%

Isabel1989 is offline Junior Member
    Hi wanderlust!

Your reply has been most helpful! I hope to be able to acheive a lean and tone body (always been my dream!!).

Shall make sure this PB will work out for me!

Thanks for your prompt reply!

No problem, good luck and let us know how it works out.
    "Go For Broke"
    Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
    Small Kine-168/9%
    Now- 200/8%
    Goal- 210/6%

runner_79 is offline Senior Member
    How.woukd a male 23 yrs training moderately trying to lose weight and fat...weighing 185.wanna get to 175.

5 ft 10. 11.8%bf tested via biosig.
    Also nutrition what and when
    Sorry for hijacking but appreciate the feedback.

Keep it simple, eat your meat and veggies, keep your carbs low, stop eating when no longer hungry. Why not be 185 with a lower body fat though? Either way lift some weights and do sprints, you'll get shredded in no time.
    "Go For Broke"
    Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
    Small Kine-168/9%
    Now- 200/8%
    Goal- 210/6%

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderlust View Post
    Keep it simple, eat your meat and veggies, keep your carbs low, stop eating when no longer hungry. Why not be 185 with a lower body fat though? Either way lift some weights and do sprints, you'll get shredded in no time.
    Im using a hypertrophy weight routine with time under tension (produces more Growth Hormone). 6-8 reps in a 4 exercise Superset for 4 sets.
    slow tempo eccentric, burns. compond exercises.

a1. squats at tempo 40X0
    a2. pull ups wide grip tempo 40X0
    a3. DBell long stride lunges at 40X0 tempo
    a4 standing O/H press at 40X0 tempo
    rest 1 min.
    repeast for 5 total sets.

day 2:
    a1. Deadlifts (per Starting strength technique) at tempo 40X0
    a2. bent over rows at tempo 40X0
    a3. short step DB lunges at tempo 40X0
    a4. Dbell neutral grip incline press at 30degress at tempo 40X0
    rest 1 min
    complete for 5 total sets.

do I need post workout carbs for this?
    I train fasted after 12 hours without food. 10g BCAA's 5 mins prior, 10g during, pea isolate shake post (organic and dairy allergy free, gluten free).

help, thoughts?

patrickh is offline Member
    I've been getting about 60% of my kcal from fat, 25% from protein, and 15% from carbs.

is that enough to sustain long term if doing taxing workouts? my body burns during each exercise. I live for that 1minute rest lol

patrickh is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    It is for me. I go into my workouts fasted and never have any performance issues. I usually keep lifting to squats, bench, deads, chins, military, and rows. I usually lift fasted (I take 10g BCAA right before lifting). I also do burpee tabatas and sprints once a week.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast