Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Quitting smoking tomorrow! page 3

Ronstar is offline Member
    Nah, I'm pretty aware of how nicotine with drawl affects me. I appreciate the sentiment, but I know my own psyche quite well. None the less, I am quite please with my progress today!

Wanderlust is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronstar View Post
    Thanks for all the encouragement and tips! Deep breaths through pursed lips definitely helped!
    Hah, it's surprisingly effective. I also eat a lot more, and if I'm really jonesing a run helps too.
    "Go For Broke"
    Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
    Small Kine-168/9%
    Now- 200/8%
    Goal- 210/6%

NicoleP is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanderlust View Post
    Best of luck, check out getting a vapor electronic "cigarette" it's helped me alot.
    Me too. I was able to kick a 25 year habbit with the Inferno from Volcano Ecigs and have never looked back.

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    You've got to find the way that works for you, for some it's cold turkey, others cut down, other use gum, patches or electronic cigs. So if a smoke with a coffee is part of your process that works for you then that is your choice.

Going cold turkey worked for me, after serisously trying maybe 3 or 4 times, I'd given up for upto 6 months before starting again (idiot) but with an OH who smokes then it is there infront of you. It does get easier each time you try so don't give up giving up.

It's been over 3 years now and it was one of the best things I did after smoking for nearly 15 years, I'd never go back now.
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Wanderlust is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleP View Post
    Me too. I was able to kick a 25 year habbit with the Inferno from Volcano Ecigs and have never looked back.
    Cool, I have the same one. I didn't know Volcanos made it to the East Coast, it's a local Hawaii company.
    "Go For Broke"
    Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
    Small Kine-168/9%
    Now- 200/8%
    Goal- 210/6%

Forever Young is offline Senior Member
    If you are "trying" to quit you already failed. Just do it! Having one with the wife is unacceptable if quitting is something you really want to do. If it is, then nothing in this world will ever make you smoke again. Nothing! That is the mentality you must have. You literally must get to the place where you can say to anyone with ears that you are never ever smoking again and mean it, live it and do it! Trying to quit and asking for luck tells me you haven't gotten to that place at all. There's no luck involved. Its all YOU! Only you can put one in your mouth and light it and there is nothing on this planet that can make you do that but you! So what's it going to be? Are you "trying" knowing all along it gives you that excuse that the addict within you needs or are you really ready to step up and stop the madness?

This may seem harsh I know. But understand I've been there and I've seen the horrors of this drug. Take control of your health. You won't regret it. If you don't? Oh you'll have plenty of regret, I promise you.

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    I quit "cold turkey" 15 months ago. Best thing (along with eating healthy) I have ever done for myself.
    Few months ago I got into a very stressful situation and lit one up. It gave me the nastiest nausea ever. I felt like crap for hours after just couple of drags. Never again!

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Young View Post
    If you are "trying" to quit you already failed. Just do it! Having one with the wife is unacceptable if quitting is something you really want to do. If it is, then nothing in this world will ever make you smoke again. Nothing! That is the mentality you must have. You literally must get to the place where you can say to anyone with ears that you are never ever smoking again and mean it, live it and do it! Trying to quit and asking for luck tells me you haven't gotten to that place at all. There's no luck involved. Its all YOU! Only you can put one in your mouth and light it and there is nothing on this planet that can make you do that but you! So what's it going to be? Are you "trying" knowing all along it gives you that excuse that the addict within you needs or are you really ready to step up and stop the madness?

This may seem harsh I know. But understand I've been there and I've seen the horrors of this drug. Take control of your health. You won't regret it. If you don't? Oh you'll have plenty of regret, I promise you.
    Perhaps harsh but very true.
    I watched my grandmother die of lung cancer when I was a little kid. It was not a good way to go.

Ghshl is offline Senior Member
    I can definitely agree that you have to 100% want to quit yourself.
    I tried to quit several times over the years, always failing in the end. In the summer of 2010 I decided that I would never ever try to stop smoking again. I would continue smoking without the usual "i really should stop" guilt, until such a time that I was ready to just STOP.
    That time came in January 2011, and I've been smokefree for over 500 days now

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghshl View Post
    I can definitely agree that you have to 100% want to quit yourself.
    I tried to quit several times over the years, always failing in the end. In the summer of 2010 I decided that I would never ever try to stop smoking again. I would continue smoking without the usual "i really should stop" guilt, until such a time that I was ready to just STOP.
    That time came in January 2011, and I've been smokefree for over 500 days now
    Interesting story and well done on the 500 days. What do you think it was that changed for you in January 2011?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast