Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Quitting smoking tomorrow! page 2

SLB0404 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hiya! I quit nearly 2 years ago and have never looked back... it was one of the best decisions I've ever made.
    You should find proper support though because it's tough on your own, I highly recommend the 'No Smoking Day Forum' - if you type it into google it's the first link to come up (it's a UK one). I couldn't have done it without the support there, the people were amazing and it's great to progress with them.
    Good luck

lambchop is offline Senior Member
    Good luck! How is it going?

Ronstar is offline Member
    12 and a half hours without any nicotine, so far so good!

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    I wish you good luck with that. Sooner or later you'll realize that smoking stinks and is pointless. I wish my girlfriend would join you in quitting.

snoops is offline Senior Member
    The hardest thing for me 30 years ago was wondering what I do without all the "things" I used to do when I smoked. Coffee, beer, break at work. Hint - you can still do all those things!! It's a mental game too. Good luck with it. You'll be glad you did it.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronstar View Post
    12 and a half hours without any nicotine, so far so good!
    Well done. Have a little mental talk with "Future You" who comes back in time to thank you for the long healthy life and all the good things in it like watching your grandkids grow up and being able to keep up with them.

Stay strong. If you need a butt kicking, you know you can always count on us

Taggy G is offline Junior Member
    Great job! just take it an hour at a time
    Starting weight: 206 lbs in June 2012
    Goal weight: 135 lbs
    Current weight: 187bs Feb 9th, 2013

The funny thing about getting on and off the wagon for me is, I either dive on or dive off. There is no nice and easy. All or nothing.

fitmom is offline Senior Member
    Good luck! Quitting smoking is like playing chess against the worst, weakest, sneakiest part of your nature. You have to stay several moves ahead in order to win, but you'll get there!

Ronstar is offline Member
    Well I had one with the wife when I got home. Along with a delicious cup of coffee. Not really a craving thing, more like a relaxing reward after a days's work. May or may not have one more this evening. After that I won't have any more. Thanks for all the encouragement and tips! Deep breaths through pursed lips definitely helped!

icz
    icz is offline Member
    [QUOTE=Ronstar;872472 Not really a craving thing, more like a relaxing reward after a days's work. [/QUOTE]

Ok, well it is not a reward. It is a sneaky villain pretending to be a reward. . . pretending to be your friend. Don't fall for it. You had a cig because your addiction made you, but you need to not let it outsmart you again.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast