Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sprinting results page

sbhikes is offline Senior Member

Sprinting results

Primal Fuel
    What results have you had from sprinting? What has it given you that you didn't have before? How often do you do it?
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Abs
    I do it3x a week, 8 sprints of 100m
    Billie trips balls

Wanderlust is offline Senior Member
    I got faster, not sure if that's helpful LOL.
    "Go For Broke"
    Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
    Small Kine-168/9%
    Now- 200/8%
    Goal- 210/6%

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    i got faster, stronger legs and what feels like a more solid core. i put everything into sprinting. i normally do one dedicated sprint (running) workout per week, and switch to the bike in winter, then get in a few random sprints here and there by playing with my dog.
    aside from feeling more capable and powerful, however, i've really noticed two extra benefits that i never want to give up:
    1. a ridiculous amount of energy. it's really high for a day or so after my sprints, but i feel like it's been constantly higher ever since i really started taking sprints seriously
    2. mental/emotional clarity. if i have a problem, sprinting gives me the clarity to solve it. if i'm feeling down, i feel better after even just 1 or 2 dashes.

these first few are the workouts i usually do: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread58364.html

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    I skipped my sprint this week.

Mission Possible is offline Junior Member
    I definatley neglect it the most out of my training. But I do try to do one dedicated session every 6-10 days. 8 sprints of 100yds all out.

I am faster and stronger....I do them in Vibrams as well and this took time but has really built up littler muscles I never new I had.

The thing I can't figure is that I "crave it " when some time goes by. I literraly have skipped out on work early to go do it when I've missed it for a while. I has some minor surgery 2 weeks agao and broke a toe this weekend. I have not sprinted in three weeks and I really really miss it.
    Don't just survive....THRIVE!!!

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I have recently started sprinting, approximately once a week. I'm surprised how much I like it. I've thought of doing it twice a week but don't want to overdo it. So I think maybe I will try doing something like moving the days slightly closer together than one week.

I wasn't sure if the differences I noticed were real so I wanted to see what it does for other people. I noticed:
    - lots of energy the rest of the day after the sprint
    - although they are not visible, my abs are much firmer
    - my arms and legs seem more toned
    - I'm very sore for a few days afterwards
    - I kind of feel badass and confident from it, if that makes any sense. It's not like I'm a stud at it or anything, but it makes me feel like one.

I, too, run in vibrams and I usually do it on a trail. The other day I did my sprints on a baseball field in running shoes. I felt like I might trip in a gopher hole or fall. It feels odd to be so up high on squishy foam. It's getting hot and I'm considering trying it in my huaraches but I guess I feel some hesitation that I might trip in the huaraches.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    I do swim sprints and love em. Definitely more energy and every muscle in my body gets a great workout. Just be sure there is a lifeguard on duty. I could hardly hold my head above water when done.

Sprint by running just feels dangerous to me. I'm trying not to injure myself with exercise. One of my new "rules". In the past I've always pushed so hard that I end up with some injury that precludes future workouts for a period of recovery time.

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    I do swim sprints and love em. Definitely more energy and every muscle in my body gets a great workout. Just be sure there is a lifeguard on duty. I could hardly hold my head above water when done.

Sprint by running just feels dangerous to me. I'm trying not to injure myself with exercise. One of my new "rules". In the past I've always pushed so hard that I end up with some injury that precludes future workouts for a period of recovery time.
    Just out of curiosity, are you a mesomorph?

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Apex Predator View Post
    Just out of curiosity, are you a mesomorph?
    I'm probably what you could call a small framed mesomorph.... easy muscle gain, but being a wrestler my weight was kept low by cutting each season. Does what I said indicate that somehow?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast