Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Grokette went braless, should us lady PBers go too? page 7

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    People keep talking about sagging in National Geographic. Just curious- how many of those women have breast-fed? My understanding is that can do a number on the girls. (Haven't myself, so I don't have an n=1)
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    In the fairness of this being a discussion (originally) in the impact of bralessness on Grokette, she most likely would have breastfed children. We don't know for how many children or for how long, however. Diet definitely plays into the lives of the modern tribal folks referenced. I am sure they are not always in times of plenty. Any (not just significant) weight gain and loss will also affect the shape and "recovery" of the skin.

It is my understanding that a "properly fitting" bra will help prevent all the back problems and such that people tout. I would imagine that a well-fitted "minimal" (read: support as needed, not the padded monstrosities that make women feel inadequate such as exist today) bra combined with occasional free-and-loose would make for the healthiest of breasts in this modern age.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by teach2183 View Post
    34I
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    If you're a serious lifter, doesn't that help with chest muscle support for them?

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    If you're a serious lifter, doesn't that help with chest muscle support for them?
    Can't say I'm a serious lifter but chess presses have worked wonders for me in that regard. Certainly not enough to go bra-less though as a 34F.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

RoyHerb is offline Junior Member
    I'd love to go braless, and do at home... but I can't stand the gawkers when I have left the house that way. I need two inches of padding to cover up the nippleage as it is. I have tiny boobies, 34A, and I barely fill the cups, but even have to wear a padded sports bra or I get stares. What is is with men and nipples? They have them too!
    Last edited by RoyHerb; 06-18-2012 at 12:57 PM.

GeorgiaPeach is offline Senior Member
    I've googled this issue before. And I'd post links if I had time to find them again but the main arguments against bras were:

Holds breast up and causes atrophy in muscles behind the breast= sagging
    Bras press on lymph nodes and causes improper drainage
    Underwire makes it worse
    Body temp is higher when breast are pressed against the chest and something about that being an environment for tumors and blood flow and something else I don't remember
    And
    Society's phobia over seeing nipples through a shirt and how they need to get over it

That's the stuff I remember.
    Don't let anybody tell you, "You can't" just because they can't.

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paleo-bunny View Post
    Can't say I'm a serious lifter but chess presses have worked wonders for me in that regard. Certainly not enough to go bra-less though as a 34F.
    Haha I am lucky that I'm a C (and I've been a B when I was underweight). Hopefully my size goes down and I can feel more comfortable bra-less :P

carlh is offline Senior Member
    First google result from "do bras cause cancer"

Weiss says that although the idea of having one's breasts in cages with metal wires "impeding fluid and marinating breast tissue in toxic liquid" sounds like a reasonable explanation for cancer, it is not. In fact, as she points out, far from being trapped, bodily fluid actually travels up and out of the armpits, not down toward the underwire.
    Also, the ladyfolk I know with the firmest breasts have properly fitted bras and always (by which I mean regularly) wear them. FWIW I appreciate pokies as much as the next guy but it doesn't make or break the, ahem, powerpoint presentation.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpycakes View Post
    normally men coming in lawling about the boobies is annoying, but this... was funny

re; nat geo, the few older copies i've seen the older women sagged heavily, while the younger women looked like someone taped helium balloons to their chest walls so i'm agreeing on age & breastfeeding
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast