Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Grokette went braless, should us lady PBers go too? page 5

Paleobird Guest
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeltaTenTango View Post
    Grokette wouldn't have worn a shirt. C'mon gals...
    Yep, I think we should all just go off into the woods with Diana and hang out nekkid. We don't have any woods for that around here but we do have a nude beach.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    I go braless at 34C (i think that's my size anyway, I haven't worn a bra in over 3 years now).

I do have a 'shelf bra' in my tank tops, but it's not exactly "supportive." I just like having a second layer of fabric there.
    I wear a lot of those tops too. Victoria's Secret.com has a whole line of them and dresses with the built in shelf bra too.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    It's too cold to go topless here, but in a warm locale, i'm all over it.

BestBetter is offline Senior Member
    No science here, just my personal view. i generally try to do/use things that are as natural as possible, but I've learned that I've got to choose my battles (with myself). For example, I tried the no shampoo thing, and my hair NEVER acclimated to it. Sure, I bet Grok wouldn't have used shampoo, but I live in modern times where having chronically greasy-looking hair is really not acceptable. So, I compromise and use a shampoo with no SLS, and I try to only use it 2-3 times per week. Same thing with body care things - I try not to use anything on my skin that I wouldn't feel ok about consuming, because i know that skin absorbs whatever you put on it. Cleaning products, ditto.

But sometimes I just have to accept that I'm not living in the woods with a crew of cavemen. I want to both be healthy and look good. And i do not look good without a bra. And I really can't justify going without one just to be more natural, in the way I can justify using baking soda to brush my teeth, or coconut oil on my skin. In my mind, those kinds of choices matter a lot more.

Windigo is offline Junior Member
    No way, my breasts are too big. It gets all sweaty and yucky if I do that, and I can't move comfortably either cause they hurt when they sway.

Grokette probably had smaller breasts than me. At least I hope so for her.

halfbunny is offline Senior Member
    Mine are far too protruding and weight loss doesn't help a bit! So i keep my bra.
    I understand your question though, and the search for soft supporting bras can be hard, but not impossible. They are dang expensive too.

Ailvayn is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Taggy G View Post
    Yeah, I have H's too....And yeah, horseback riding braless.....hell no lol! Thanks though, it's not often I get to talk to another with huge mams. It really does suck.
    The funny thing is that I used to weigh over 200 lbs and I was a 42DD. Then I lost weight, but my boobs haven't shrunk at all, as noted by the fact that I've gone down in the band size a lot but gone UP in the cup size. I'm like "I'd be happy with a DDD, world, hint hint."

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    I like wearing a bra... I look a hell of a lot better and it is more comfortable for me than braless. I am not concerned about cancer. ANd well, go no further than National Geographic- those women don't wear bras and it doesn't appear that braless keeps them perky.

CaveWeirdo is offline Senior Member
    I wear them well-fitted but also avoid wearing them as much as impossible cos even a good one is uncomfortable after a while. I don't know whether it will cause sagging if I don't wear them enough, or it will cause cancer if I wear them too much. All I know is, not wearing one in public is never gonna happen for me, cos I'm a 36-J !! Formerly a 38-J before Primal weight loss

I hate being a woman sometimes and hate having these tribal African style mammaries. I haven't breastfed a baby yet but it looks like I have!!

But with a really nice bra on, they become eye-popping round globes and I feel fabulous!
    Last edited by CaveWeirdo; 06-18-2012 at 05:02 AM.
    Start weight: 238 lbs (March 2012)
    Current weight: 205 lbs (July 2012)
    Loss so far: 33 lbs!!!
    WOE: Primal + IF
    Movements: Hiking, sprinting.
    Goal: to see my abs some time in 2013!

June68 is offline Senior Member
    The bra stays.

Going without is just flat uncomfortable. Nipples get all irritated rubbing against my shirt. They get de-sensitized and who wants unresponsive nipples? LOL. Maybe it's just conditioning since I grew them, but my boobs like their bras. Getting properly fitted is half the battle. Years of wearing poorly fitting bras can ruin it for anyone. I've always been a D cup and never had a problem with underwires, strangely, it was the non-UW bras I could never stand. Ah well. To each, her own.
    5' 9" 44 YO F
    PB start June 2, 2012
    Pre PB SW = 180 (no scale at home, Mom's scale January - 153lbs!)

PB Journal

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast