Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Grokette went braless, should us lady PBers go too? page 11

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NicMcCool View Post
    This thread has inspired my pendulum revolution. You know, since Grok didn't have underwear and all.
    *snort*
    Quote Originally Posted by LJH View Post
    Alrighty then, I'll buy that training video at any price.
    w0rd

you guys have inspired me to buy new bras. they're in the mail!!

Rosegin is offline Senior Member
    I don't believe bras cause breast cancer. The increase in breast cancer can be attributed to fewer women having lots of babies and then nursing those babies. Breast cancer used to be called the "nun's disease" because it was so rare among women with children. If we use our bodies as nature intended (sorry if that's anti-feminist) then our risks of "female" cancers are greatly reduced.

As for sagging, gravity causes sagging. Women who have never had children have saggy breasts when they are old.
    ~Sandy

nevermore is offline Junior Member
    Well I'm not giving up my bras, as uncomfortable as they sometimes are. I'm not small breasted and need the support.
    Quote Originally Posted by LJH View Post
    Alrighty then, I'll buy that training video at any price.
    Yep, I wanna see too!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosegin View Post
    I don't believe bras cause breast cancer. The increase in breast cancer can be attributed to fewer women having lots of babies and then nursing those babies. Breast cancer used to be called the "nun's disease" because it was so rare among women with children. If we use our bodies as nature intended (sorry if that's anti-feminist) then our risks of "female" cancers are greatly reduced.

As for sagging, gravity causes sagging. Women who have never had children have saggy breasts when they are old.
    Hey I know you (CDN)!

Lapin is offline Member
    I have no real proof, only my own experience, but speaking (as a 34H) I would strongly recommend wearing a bra. Even if aesthetics are removed from the equation, there is still the matter of discomfort or infection. I have yet to meet a woman naturally over a D-cup who can run or jump pain-free without support. Also, very large breasts will rub against the skin underneath, which often leads to a rash. Worse, if you are in a very humid climate, or likely to continue wearing a bra after an intense activity, or just prone to skin problems, there is the possibility of a fungal infection think athlete's foot or jock itch, only under the boobs .

A properly fitted bra of quality material will absorb sweat, prevent friction and has the added aesthetic benefit of lifting the chest. Grokette may have gone bra-free, but I bet she also had smaller breasts and more body hair to protect her from problem-causing bacteria.

Rosegin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nevermore View Post
    Well I'm not giving up my bras, as uncomfortable as they sometimes are. I'm not small breasted and need the support.
    Yep, I wanna see too!

Hey I know you (CDN)!
    Hi! Who are you?
    ~Sandy

Valerie61 is offline Junior Member
    Ahh, noodletoy, you made me laugh out loud, "bewbies"!! That's great!!

VacillateWildly is offline Senior Member
    It's all down to personal comfort and limits. I went through a stage in my early twenties of no bra, but with a perky little A cup it was fine. The I went through my 'Wonderbra' stage, and I think if there are any problems with bras it would be with heavily wired push-ups which press and cajole breast tissue in a very unnatural way.

After breastfeeding, being a farily low body weight and lifting heavy things I now am less than a AA cup and there are no bras in any country in the world which will fit me...sad but true. I wear crop top bras, really lightweight ones simply because I like the feel of being wrapped up and also I don't like my nipples poking through my clothes. I'm too small even for singlets with support and can't wear Adidas or Nike tops with built in support because there is nothing to go in.

I can run and work out without a bra, it would make no difference. Now I am patiently waiting for some of the fat I'm eating to stick to my boobs so I can wear a real bra again.

Grokette didn't wear knickers either, but I'll keep mine. Nor did she use tampons but I'll have those too, albeit the organic ones.

nevermore is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosegin View Post
    Hi! Who are you?
    melirod

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexy View Post
    Grokette didn't [...] use tampons but I'll have those too, albeit the organic ones.
    Personally, I've been enjoying my sea sponges. I bet Grokette wore those.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

VacillateWildly is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravyboat View Post
    Personally, I've been enjoying my sea sponges. I bet Grokette wore those.
    I'll bet she did. I'm game for trying those...did you purchase them or just your regular small sea sponges? Tell me more!

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast