Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dealing with mental sluggishness page

GeoKes Guest

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Hi,

I'm very new to primal living, only read part of the book and had no chance to follow these forums.

I have one question which needs a quick answer.

After cutting 100% of grains (bread, pastry, rice, polenta etc.) I had two immediate reactons:

Good - my eczema disappeared from my hands

Bad - I feel mentally sluggish, even if eating plenty of carbs from fruit (papaya, oranges, banana,blueberry)

How do I get my brain back?

shepherd is offline Junior Member

Give it time. It takes a couple of weeks for your body to convert over to fat metabolism and get back on your game. It's worth the wait!

In your face, Space Coyote!

BenOwen Guest

Yeah, it's really a matter of time. I went through the same thing; I supplement fish oil and some ginko and it REALLY helps. Some caffeine doesn't hurt either

barehard Guest

Omega 3 oil with every meal. Buy the liquid as it's much cheaper if you can tolerate the taste. Good luck

StoneAgeQueen is offline Senior Member

How many carbs are you eating? Don't forget that fruit is high in fructose which causes a surge of insulin. That will definitely make you feel mentally sluggish!

Griff is offline Senior Member

Don't eat the fruit right now. You are going through the low-carb flu and having any source of carbs will just make it last longer. Go zero-carb for a week or two and then gradually increase back to the 50-100g that Mark recommends.

Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

DarthFriendly is offline Banned

I might have to try that Griff. I ate a pear the other day, and was forced to yell "D'OH". I knew it was very sweet, but like orange juice I said "what the hell?" and found out. I'm still eating some blueberries, and veggies, and such, and the grass fed cheeze.

PrimalChat is offline Junior Member

Geo - these are all great comments because your body needs adjusting. I would further recommend ensuring you're getting enough fats in your diet. Reducing carbs from Conventional eating to Primal means reduced energy levels, so grab some fats in addition to the Omega 3 (fish oil) and push through. The fog will lift.

Resolve to Evolve

Jeff

Twitter: @jpickett1968

DarthFriendly is offline Banned

YES! what Primal Chat said, fat has helped me out tremendously. No more cravings, no urge to over eat.

GeoKes Guest

Thanks for all the advice!

Yeah, I probably had too much dry fruit (cranberry, dates and figs).

Primal and Dart, can you give some examples of good fat sources?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast