Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dealing with mental sluggishness page 2

PrimalChat is offline Junior Member

Shop Now

Good fats to try - bacon, olive oil, almond butter, etc. Eat some beef, steak with fat on it. Salmon has great amounts of omega-3 fats, etc. That's the beauty of many whole foods. No need to take this and that- they are the WHOLE package!

Resolve to Evolve

Jeff

Twitter: @jpickett1968

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member

Ahhh, yes. Dried fruit is super-high carb (with the exception, sort of, of unsweetened dried berries). Figs and raisins in particular are SKY HIGH.

Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

GeoKes Guest

Cutting the dried fruit helps.

Eggs/bacon breakfast is good too.

Non the less a short siesta was still needed this afternoon to lift my fog.

Is there a section with recipes / menus somewhere on the site?

jo
    jo is offline Senior Member

I agree with everyone that it is probably carb flu and to keep your carbs low. I, however found the foggy head lasted over a month, and have just started taking a good acidopholis supplement which seems to be working (meaning it was probably candida which was undiagnosed from the pre low carb days.). Maybe dropping the carbs led to slow candida die off which gave the head symptoms, and hopefully the supplement has speeded it up? Just guessing now but I seem much clearer headed since. My tongue looks a bit healthier too.

JoeR is offline Junior Member
    Never heard of a low carb flu, but within a week of stopping carbs my mental function actually got sharper and I stopped having those low periods in the afternoon where I could barely keep my eyes open. Maybe it's something else you are doing or not?

SerialSinner is offline Senior Member
    How do I get my brain back?
    Ketosis
    “Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

TheGrappler is offline Senior Member
    Don't forget coconut oil!
    "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

"A pound of meat a day keeps the doctor away"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12