Thread: Hi from Texas! page

lisa in lj is offline Junior Member

Hi from Texas!

Hello! I have just now discovered the Paleo Diet and so much of it makes sense. I was diagnosed with Lymphocytic Colitis about 2 weeks ago and the GI doctor gave me the typical Colitis diet (low fat/low fiber), along with a prescription for Cholestyramine. For now, the goal is to get the symptoms under control, so I'm following his directions, hoping it works. However, it's all very depressing for me! I love vegetables of all types and being told that I can't have any raw vegetables and have to be very careful with cooked vegetables is not good. So in my research, I've found that many people with this disease follow the Paleo Diet. Researching that is what led me here.

Anyone out there with Lymphocytic Colitis? If so, what has your experience been?

Thanks.

lisa in lj is offline Junior Member
    Well, it has been close to 24 hours since my original post and no one has responded. I'm going to assume that no one else is in my shoes. Thanks, anyway.

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    Nope. No experience with it. Googling colitis and paleo, I found lots of hits. Not sure how Lymphocytic Colitis differs from others. Good luck!
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

My MDA Friday success story - Stubborn Senior's Testimonial

drheather is offline Senior Member

Colitis

Was recently diagnosed with microscopic collagenous colitis which is very similar. Am also on cholestyramine which is the only thing that has helped so far. I still eat veggies, just making sure they are cooked other than some salad greens. Since the diagnosis I've gotten stricter on Primal eating-when feeling lousy it was all too easy to eat bread or pasta due to their digestibility. Good luck!
    Last edited by drheather; 08-18-2012 at 12:25 PM.

Periwinkle is offline Senior Member
    I dont have lymphocytic colitis, but I am from Houston...So I thought I'd say "Hi neighbor!" and Welcome!
    It's just another day in paradise
    As you stumble to your bed
    You'd give anything to silence
    Those voices ringing in your head
    You thought you could find happiness
    Just over that green hill
    You thought you would be satisfied
    But you never will-
    Learn to be still
    -The Eagles

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I've got microscopic colitis and it's much better on primal blueprint. I'm from Harris county too!
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html