Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal - Paleofan's 2 week trial page

Paleofan is offline Senior Member

Primal Journal - Paleofan's 2 week trial

Primal Fuel
    I've been on the primal band wagon for 15 months. Went down a dress size, got good waste definition, built muscle, stopped stupid snacking/binging patterns. Getting rid of processed foods and doing strength training have been my biggest change catalysts.

Now, I am curious to see if daily journalling will keep me even more accountable and provide more improvements. What do I want to see? A little less belly fat and a feeling of being more well nourished.

So, I start my 2 week journalling experiment with:
    Height: 5' 3" (probably won't change, lol)
    Weight: 133 (thought I don't put a lot of stock in this number because it looks like I've lost 10 lbs, and really lost only 4 or 5)
    Waist: 29.5

Plan for today:
    4 mile slow run
    A couple hours of sun - I don't burn anymore, thank you good fats
    House cleaning

2 meals:
    Eggs, bacon, sausage, French cheese, berries, coffee with coconut oil
    Stir fry With chicken and sweet potato pie with whipped cream
    May add in a small afternoon snack

Looks like a good plan. Let's see how it turns out!

Well, today happened as planned. Food was exactly as planned, good run today, 2 hours of reading in the breezy sun. Having some water as I relax before bed.
    Typically on a Sunday night in summer, I might have any wine that was left over from the weekend. But I decided to be more disciplined tonight.
    Tomorrow, back to work. Lunch is packed: left over burger with cheese and butter on top, spinach salad with olive oil dressing, chicken broth. I don't know if I'll eat breakfast until I get up and figure out if I am hungry. Dinner tomorrow night is left over ribs and green beans. Also planning evening strength training.

Food plan was on track today. Got home at 8 pm, so strength training did not happen.
    Tomorrow:
    B: Eggs bacon, coffee with coconut oil
    L: spinach salad with eggs, cheese, hot bacon dressing. Sweet potato pie.
    D: chicken vege soup, avocado
    Exercise: golf

Today was good. Maybe journalling is keeping me accountable to my self. Hmm.
    Anyway, all food as planned, except skipped breakfast and had a half piece of banana bread someone baked today at work. I sometimes have small cheats to be polite, but never cheat with store bought donuts or cakes.
    Did the golf thing, then still had energy to clean in the basement and toss out crap. And, I still have energy!

Today is starting out great. Decided to go do strength training at the gym before work, which means going into work a bit later. Just decided to make that my priority today.
    Also, only a few days in, but trying to decide when to do a weight check. It's not too important since I am really concerned about my belly size, below my waiste which started here at 33". I just like to check it to make sure it's not heading north.
    Anyway, happy Wednesday!

Well, interesting day. Another lady stopped me in the cafeteria and told me that she thought I just had the cutesy little figure. OK, that's just awesome considering I am 49 years old, 5' 3", 133 lbs. I think it's the added weight training, which did happen today.
    Food was good, with a bit of chocolate. That happens every few days.

Food day at work yesterday so yep, ate some crap. Cheetos, veges, berries, almonds, spiral things. I kept the crap food to a minimum and loaded up on the berries and raw veges. Skipped dinner, went for a 3 mile run at night and finished the night with 2 glasses of red wine.
    Today was a weigh in check. Shockingly down to 131.4 and belly down 1/2 inch. I'm thinking the journalling is helping me stay more accountable. It even has kept my cheats yesterday to a minimum. But I did think the carbs yesterday would have added water weight.
    Today: coffee with coconut oil, bacon then salad at work for lunch, dinner out. I think I'll be good since I can't eat crap 2 days in a row anymore.

Friday was good. As I said, the weigh in was great. Breakfast was coffee, coconut oil and bacon. Lunch was chicken. Dinner was a salad, steak and red wine. Today will be good also and will include a walk and lots of sun!

Saturday was great. 1 hour walk, sun, food was coffee with coconut oil, Italian salad, cedar planked salmon, salad, small amount of rice and the usual weekend red wine. Not much of an appetite lately, which is good.
    Today started with a 4 mile run, coffee with cream, cheese. Lunch is a BAS with chicken, dinner will be steak, Swiss chard, mushrooms, cukes, onions, radishes. Oh yeah, and off to get some sun on the water.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Monday - 2 eggs, 3 bacon, coffee with cream. Lunch was hamburger patty and cottage cheese. Dinner was hamburger patty and cheese. Lots of house work.
    Today will include a 4 mile run. Eggs, chicken, salad and paleo lasagna on the menu today.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast