Thread: Rumbling Sensation Under Ribs

Rumbling Sensation Under Ribs

Shop Now
    I recently cut out all sugar from my diet and am currently on day 9. But yesterday I noticed something I've never experienced before. Around the bottom few ribs on my right hand side I've been feeling a rumbling sensation. It feels like it's right under the ribs or maybe the skin, and is like a rumbling stomach almost. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

All I could find online was stuff about gallbladder problems caused by too much fat in the diet, and even those were just guesses. I have actually been eating more fat than usual over the past couple of days.

Twitching muscles from low electrolytes? I get that sometimes- in my eyelids and face, arms, torso, and legs- It usually goes away in a little bit.
    Increase your magnesium and/or potassium intake, as those will help prevent it.

That's good to know, and may be the cause of my palpitations too. I'm going to give coconut water a try for electrolytes, and I need to buy more magnesium as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Annana View Post
    Around the bottom few ribs on my right hand side I've been feeling a rumbling sensation.
    But no pain?

Any other symptoms?

Gallbladder Symptoms

All I could find online was stuff about gallbladder problems caused by too much fat in the diet, and even those were just guesses. I have actually been eating more fat than usual over the past couple of days.
    If it seems at all possible, I'd back off a little then. In general, I don't think there's any harm in easing into Primal gradually; it may even be better than a sudden change.

You could also experiment with using Swedish bitters and perhaps digestive enzymes. I suppose you might also try fatty acids that don't need help from the gallbladder. MCT oil would be an example.

Nora Gedgaudas had a podcast episode where she discussed gallbladder issues among other thing. I can't remember the content, but it looks like it would be episode #36:

iTunes - Podcasts - Primal Body Primal Mind Radio by Nora T. Gedgaudas, CNS, CNT

Shop Now
    I forgot to add, I've been primal for a year and a half, so it wouldn't be a sudden increase in fat. I've had no pains from the gallbladder area either, so I think it's most likely electrolytes.