Thread: Rumbling Sensation Under Ribs page

Annana is offline Senior Member

Rumbling Sensation Under Ribs

Primal Fuel
    I recently cut out all sugar from my diet and am currently on day 9. But yesterday I noticed something I've never experienced before. Around the bottom few ribs on my right hand side I've been feeling a rumbling sensation. It feels like it's right under the ribs or maybe the skin, and is like a rumbling stomach almost. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

All I could find online was stuff about gallbladder problems caused by too much fat in the diet, and even those were just guesses. I have actually been eating more fat than usual over the past couple of days.

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Twitching muscles from low electrolytes? I get that sometimes- in my eyelids and face, arms, torso, and legs- It usually goes away in a little bit.
    Increase your magnesium and/or potassium intake, as those will help prevent it.

That's good to know, and may be the cause of my palpitations too. I'm going to give coconut water a try for electrolytes, and I need to buy more magnesium as well.

Lewis is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Annana View Post
    Around the bottom few ribs on my right hand side I've been feeling a rumbling sensation.
    But no pain?

Any other symptoms?

Gallbladder Symptoms

All I could find online was stuff about gallbladder problems caused by too much fat in the diet, and even those were just guesses. I have actually been eating more fat than usual over the past couple of days.
    If it seems at all possible, I'd back off a little then. In general, I don't think there's any harm in easing into Primal gradually; it may even be better than a sudden change.

You could also experiment with using Swedish bitters and perhaps digestive enzymes. I suppose you might also try fatty acids that don't need help from the gallbladder. MCT oil would be an example.

Nora Gedgaudas had a podcast episode where she discussed gallbladder issues among other thing. I can't remember the content, but it looks like it would be episode #36:

iTunes - Podcasts - Primal Body Primal Mind Radio by Nora T. Gedgaudas, CNS, CNT

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I forgot to add, I've been primal for a year and a half, so it wouldn't be a sudden increase in fat. I've had no pains from the gallbladder area either, so I think it's most likely electrolytes.