Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Need a Primal/Paleo cookbook that does not include exotic foods. page 4

jendoe is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm in a similar position - I ate almost exclusively processed foods before paleo. The most cooking I did was sauteeing some veggies to go with pasta. (And I was a long-term vegetarian, so I had no clue what to do with meats).

Some ideas:

- Cook extras and freeze. You can do this with basics like hamburgers and chicken, or with meals like stew/soup. Then you always have "emergency" frozen food ready when you are too tired to cook, don't know what to make, or don't have time. Another advantage, meats that have already been cooked completely can be reheated straight from the freezer (raw meat needs to be thawed first).

- Don't underestimate the salad. A big bowl (no, really BIG!) of mixed greens (you should be able to buy from the store, just rinse them and ready to go), whatever veggies you like, topped with meat (including emergency meats: chicken, hamburgers, or canned tuna/salmon) is fantastic as a meal. Add olive oil, vinegar or lemon, and some spices for "dressing". Avacado is yummy and will up the fat (especially if you are doing something like chicken).

- For recipes, I love "Everyday Paleo" by Sarah Fragoso. *Most* of her recipes are pretty quick and easy (to me, anyway), and I find I really appreciate the basics. Even better, she's got a website full of recipes, so you can check them out first, try a few, and see if her style is something you like.

- Don't forget the whole rest of the web. Primal/Paleo seems to have exploded. Google for "paleo recipes" or specifics (i.e. "paleo lasagna") and you'll find tons of recipes, which should lead you to great sites with even more recipes.

Good luck!

If you haven't got these book .then you can check my signatur link

AMonkey is offline Senior Member
    Simples paleo recipes:
    Take a fresh cut of meat then stir fry/oven/boil etc, add salt.
    Take vegetables then stir fry/oven/boil etc, add salt.

Done.

healthy11 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    You want to buy a cookbook for your wife? Why don't you buy one for yourself and do the cooking?
    +1
    Last edited by healthy11; 09-26-2012 at 12:10 PM.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    For some simple ideas, try Well Fed. She has a whole section on basic chicken/beef/pork and veggie combos. Plus exotic stuff.

sophie6 is offline Junior Member
    why you dont buy the paleo book, it worht every penny, i was skeptical at the beggining i was looking for informationa nd found this blog The paleo recipe book i buy it right away, it changed my cooking life =P and diet of course. just buy the book!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234