Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Confused newbie about balancing nutrtion, and being full. page 2

Michaeljwjr is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan54 View Post
    If you're not hungry, there's no need to eat. My body's been telling me to not eat every day for the last week plus, and every day I eat. And I've felt crappy. Working out while not eating might be a little scary, but I did it the other day and felt fine. No hunger signals after the workout either. Don't eat just to eat! Sometimes your body needs a break.
    Yeah, basically when I eat "for nutrition" i feel like I'm just piling it into a full tummy. I'm going to spend the week working out/eating only when I'm hungry and see how it affects my workouts.

CaveWeirdo is offline Senior Member
    I found when I first started Primal, after a few weeks of eating all over the place and snacking on nuts like crazy I naturally settled into a routine of 2 meals per day, lunch and dinner, with zero snacks. I occasionally eat a light breakfast if I'm feeling rough, I also occasionally only have one meal in a day, if I'm busy, although with one meal it's a struggle to eat enough in one sitting. But most days I eat lunch late afternoon, dinner early evening. I do feel pretty hungry in the mornings, my stomach grumbles and I look forward to lunch, but I don't feel like I'm going to die if I don't eat soon, like I used to when carb-addicted and I had to eat every 3 hours or risk a migraine!

I don't do heavy workouts but I like to do short runs and feel better running on an empty stomach. Then I eat a large meal after I've cooled down.

It sounds like you have a healthy attitude to food and hunger. I personally don't do fasts longer than 24 hours but I think if you want to try it then the 'skip one meal at a time', is a sensible way to do it. There are many different ways to incorporate healthy fasts into your routine, so experiment to find what works for you. You might find you can easily eat like a wolf for your post-workout lunches and maybe fast a bit longer on your rest days.
    Last edited by CaveWeirdo; 06-18-2012 at 04:44 AM.
    Start weight: 238 lbs (March 2012)
    Current weight: 205 lbs (July 2012)
    Loss so far: 33 lbs!!!
    WOE: Primal + IF
    Movements: Hiking, sprinting.
    Goal: to see my abs some time in 2013!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12