Thread: Birthday Cake page

jojohaligo is offline Senior Member

Birthday Cake

So, I am not asking permission to eat birthday cake because I ate it.

The thing is, is that I have been looking forward to this cake for a few weeks because it is one of my favourite cakes. It's baked at a great bakery in town, made with real butter, and flavoured with coffee in the tradition of a Mokka cake I remember from my childhood. For the last six years it has been the birthday cake of choice.

It is no longer on my list of favourite foods. Halfway through eating it, I was surprised to feel like I could care less if I ate the rest of the piece.

On the one hand it was a downer, and on the other it is a good sign that a lot has changed in my body since mid-January. wahoo!
    Female, age 51, 5' 9"
    SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
    2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations are in order on two counts at least :-)
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    happy birthday!
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

jojohaligo is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the wishes! (not really the point of my post, unless it was subconscious...)
    Female, age 51, 5' 9"
    SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
    2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

UniqueTII is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Is your birthday 6/16 too? One of my few cheats this year was some birthday cake at my nephews' party in February. My sister makes some of the best cakes/frosting I've had, and I agree that they didn't taste nearly as good as I had expected. I'm okay with that, though.
    I wish I liked to eat liver.