Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Excercise: From Hate to Love page

SerialSinner is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

I have not transitioned yet.

I was wondering if anyone did, and if so, how did they start and how long did it take.

My whole organism seems to have a general distaste for general exercise and naturally gravitate towards sloth...

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

I went from hate to love. Not really sure *how* though. I guess it was during the whole CW days when I started walking on a treadmill, and transitioned into running, eventually 6-7 miles daily. The endorphins kicked in and it became like a drug. I don't run like I used to, but I do enjoy the "high" I get from exercising.

Catalina is offline Member

I haven't transitioned yet, either, SS--not sure I ever will, totally. I love sitting--with a book, on a beach, having dinner with friends.

What I do find I love is having fun--so if my friend's 7-year old asks me to play Wii tennis with him, that's fun. Playing with my dog at the beach, that's fun. I do notice that I'm having fun and being physical, which I guess is progress, huh?

When it comes to strength training exercises. . .not fun; it's still a bit of a forced march.

Tish is offline Member

Just start slow, and stick with it! I found my body actually started to craveee exercise

SerialSinner is offline Senior Member

DR that's my goal too, to get the endorphin high (which I have never felt) and get hooked to it.

Craving exercise seems extremely bizarre to me. Maybe sticking long-enough to a HIT routine will do it...

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

FabMandy is offline Member

Well, I'm "lucky" in some ways as my health was really messed up, and exercise became one of the tools that was helping me get better. I know that by making my heart and other muscles stronger, my lungs more efficient, increasing my mitochondria (I think exercise does that?), etc. - that I'm making life a hell of a lot easier for myself. I think, really, the benefits after having regularly exercised for a short time are what keep me at it! Reaping those rewards, being able to walk up a flight of stairs without losing my breath, being able to keep up with my dogs when we're out walking, being able to carry in loads of groceries on one trip (rather than 3), etc. etc. If you can get to that stage where you're starting to feel the improvements, maybe that will keep you at it.

*shrug*

Jokaman70 is offline Senior Member

I've always been a competitive athlete so I guess my opinion doesn't count, but...

After blowing up to nearly 390 LBS I-CAN'T-WAIT (!) until I'm down to a weight that allows me to be competitive again.

40 LBS later and I'm already feeling that itch.

The endorphins are fabulous, but the satisfied exhaustion I feel after busting my ass is what really makes it worth it. In my experience, you'll never truly appreciate how nice it is to relax on a couch until you've first come to appreciate hard physical work.

I began this Primal journey on December 30th, 2009 and in that time I've lost over 125 LBS.

Jokaman70 is offline Senior Member

@ FabMandy

When friends ask me why I lift so much weight in the gym I shrug my shoulders and say, "So I can carry all the groceries in at once."

lol

I began this Primal journey on December 30th, 2009 and in that time I've lost over 125 LBS.

Mirrorball is offline Senior Member

I went from love to hate.

Walking can be really pleasant and relaxing. Don't think of it as an exercise. It's a chance to walk away from everything. Find a comfortable pace, enjoy the view and when you get tired, stop. Walking also gives me time to think. It's when I have some of my best ideas.

Sprinting is exciting. I don't enjoy lifting heavy things yet, but the results are encouraging.

Then there are those special moments like today, when I had to run a block to catch the bus and it was so easy. I didn't even get out of breath. A year ago I wouldn't have bothered. I would have missed the bus.

Height: 5'4" (1.62 m)
    Starting weight (09/2009): 200 lb (90.6 kg)
    No longer overweight (08/2010): 145 lb (65.6 kg)
    Current weight (01/2012): 127 lb (57.5 kg)

Allbeef Patty is offline Senior Member

When you can do things that you were never able to do before.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast