Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kettlebells for weight loss page

owen sackett is offline Junior Member

has anyone combined kettlebells with PB eating and if so what kind of results have you gotten?

Pandadude is offline Senior Member

In the club where I train we have a HIIT rosstraining class where we also integrate kettlebells a lot for squats, presses, and various swings. The thing I like about rosstraining and kettlebells vs working with regular gym machinery is that most of the exercises are focused around core training instead of isolating muscle groups. With a good core you probably get fewer injuries because you're not left with untrained muscles, and you won't end up with a fit upper body and then be skinny below the waist lol... Only started training again after a break a few weeks ago, but my legs have become noticeably more muscular and my abs are still visible despite not actually doing any crunches or anything like that. I don't really have weight to lose so I can't say if its good for that, but for me its more interesting than regular weight training, and being motivated to come to training is the most important factor for me!

Brewtality Guest

I love kettlebells. I use them for those big compound movements that PB workouts are all about. It's really hard to isolate with kettlebells.

bruce.b is offline Member

If you go on any of the k'bell forums there are lots of people who've successfully used them to lose weight. Diet is still going to be the most important factor.

Swings and snatches are what I'd concentrate on. Ballistic movements are where they really shine. Two handed swings with a heavy bell are amazingly taxing on the entire body. With a lighter bell you can go as long as you wish though I think you'll get better results going somewhat heavy.

bruce b.

owen sackett is offline Junior Member

thanks!

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member

Kettlebells are cool and all but the point is to lift heavy things, not necessarily heavy kettlebells. Any heavy weight lifting combined with the PB is good.

You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

bruce.b is offline Member

>>Kettlebells are cool and all but the point is to lift heavy things, not necessarily heavy kettlebells. Any heavy weight lifting combined with the PB is good.<<

Here&#39;s the question you are responding to.....

>>has anyone combined kettlebells with PB eating and if so what kind of results have you gotten?<<

Isn&#39;t it a good idea to answer the question asked? ..... perhaps something about kettlebells?

bruce b.

TenYearStorm Guest

Yea..the kettlebell is a heavy thing, and you lift it. Counts as weight lifting. If you use a lighter one and no the moves over and over make sure you take breaks becasue it can elevate your heart rate too high too long and basically become chronic cardio.

I think they would be fine for fat loss as long as you don&#39;t over-train and stress out your body.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member

Thank you, forums warrior. In the future I shall respond directly and not deviate in the slightest.

You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Fury22 is offline Senior Member

PrimalCon New York

I use kettlebells a lot. They are great for developing strength and conditioning, and if fat loss is your goal, kettlebell complexes are a great method. I use kettlebells to supplement my training and tend to vary the training load. I vary between lighter weights for higher reps (15+) or for complexes, and heavy weights for single movements. My favorite exercises for using really heavy KBs are the clean & push press, clean & thruster, and the two-handed high pull.

Kettlebells are great for everything really, and there are infinite ways to use them.

Check out my blog!

http://easternstrength.blogspot.com/

I like to throw, squat and pull heavy things for fun.

We're designed to be hunters and we're in a society of shopping. There's nothing to kill anymore, there's nothing to fight, nothing to overcome, nothing to explore. In that societal emasculation this everyman is created. ~David Fincher, director of Fight Club, interview with Gavin Smith, "Inside Out," Film Comment, Sep/Oct 1999

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast