Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Getting very tired page 3

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by noodletoy View Post
    9 Steps to Perfect Health – #4: Supplement Wisely

i'd be eating seaweed and more seafood before i started messing around with iodine supplementation.
    +1. A plate of sashimi and a side of seaweed salad and you're good.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfman View Post
    I installed F.Lux on my computer to cut out blue light, and I try to go to bed when the sun goes down, or at least limit my light exposure at night, seemed to make my sleep much better quality, and it's okay to eat carbs time to time, maybe have a potato or rice after a workout.
    +1 on cutting down the blue light. I found some glasses that are designed to do this too.
    Carbs are an individual choice. Some people need less, others more.

fatfran is offline Junior Member
    Hey Paleobird, I met with the chiropractor today & my iodine level was the only one he has had so far came back good. He is baffled by this, even his was abnormal & he leads a very healthy lifestyle. He is wondering where I'm getting my iodine from. I eat primal of course & only drink coffee & water. I was also the only test subject to drink enough water to use a 2nd test vial which also surprised him. I can't pretend to know what all this means since I'm just learning but I'd love some more info on the whole subject of adding sea salt &/or manganese. I was just reading another thread where someone added the sea salt & the only change was blood pressure. I have to keep an eye on mine but since going primal I rarely need medicine. I feel very uneducated & if someone could suggest some reading, I'd appreciate it.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by fatfran View Post
    Hey Paleobird, I met with the chiropractor today & my iodine level was the only one he has had so far came back good. He is baffled by this, even his was abnormal & he leads a very healthy lifestyle. He is wondering where I'm getting my iodine from. I eat primal of course & only drink coffee & water. I was also the only test subject to drink enough water to use a 2nd test vial which also surprised him. I can't pretend to know what all this means since I'm just learning but I'd love some more info on the whole subject of adding sea salt &/or manganese. I was just reading another thread where someone added the sea salt & the only change was blood pressure. I have to keep an eye on mine but since going primal I rarely need medicine. I feel very uneducated & if someone could suggest some reading, I'd appreciate it.
    Many of the SAD foods can block uptake of iodine particularly wheat products. So someone could be consuming a healthy amount of iodine but not getting the benefit from it especially if you are still eating all those "healthy whole grains". The Primal diet just gets all the blocked receptors cleared and lets nature do it's thing.

We really don't need huge amounts of iodine. We just need to get out of our own way.

fatfran is offline Junior Member
    Doc just called & ran another test. It showed too much fluoride in my system. He had them run more tests because he thinks I am not properly absorbing iodine & just passing it since my test came back 91% for iodine. Where the heck besides toothpaste & the occasional reluctant consumption of city water would I get "too much" fluoride? He is wanting to give my iodine supplements but I'm very reluctant.

ryan54 is offline Member
    It is probably something you are eating that your body does not want. This has been happening to me lately. If I eat something that my body doesn't want (and a lot of times I didn't even know these foods weren't for me.. ex: eggs, bacon, nuts, even some fruits), I get tired shortly thereafter, and crave more foods that my body doesn't want. The reason you are probably getting tired is your body is using all of it's energy to fight off the food, and you become fatigued.

Pay close attention to everything you eat. Eat outside if possible, it helps to really feel how foods make you feel.
    Last edited by ryan54; 08-13-2012 at 03:11 PM.

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    Make sure you are eating enough calories. I found when I made the transition that replacing many of the calorie dense, nutritionless SAD foods with vegetables led to a significant reduction in calories. I have to eat more quantity now consciously to get enough food to have energy and lose weight. I know that sounds strange, but it's been my experience.

beachrat is offline Senior Member
    Please don't neglect the comments about sleep. I found that once I had my sleep dialed in, my body did a terrific job of healing all sorts of out of whack things I didn't even notice before. I think long periods of hyper stress / bad sleep (and I've lived through them!) deplete your body no matter what supplements you take, and can undermine all of the other good improvements you're trying to implement in other areas.

Limit blue light, find ways to manage stress or better yet de-stress, do all of the CW things about a routine in the evenings and so forth, consider blacking out your bedroom. 5-7 hours of sleep on a regular basis is sleep deprivation for most people.

Your body needs the proper nutrition -- ideally more from food than supplements -- but also truly needs adequate deep rest. Make it a priority!
    "If man made it, don't eat it." ..Jack LaLanne
    "It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are.
    If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong." ..Richard Feynman

beachrat's primal journal

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123