Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sweating more during sleep? page

barehard Guest

Shop Now

Has anyone else experienced this? Also on a side note, I used to be a proper night owl but now I naturally feel tired around 11pm-midnight. This is great cos I've fallen into sync with my girlfriend's sleep time.

AlanBradin is offline Junior Member

Barehard, this is one of the more quizzical changes I've noticed since going paleo. I quit smoking at the same time, so I figured it was withdrawl symptoms. However, it's been 3 months and I have absolutely no nicotine cravings.

As for my experience with nighttime sweats, it's pretty intense. I'll wake up in the middle of the night with my skin and covers ABSOLUTELY drenched. It started in January, when I started eating Paleo/quitting smoking, then it stopped for almost a month, and just a few nights ago, it started again.

What do you think it could be? I haven't really had any separation problems with grains or dairy. I think I'm going to start logging the nights it happens and see if there's a pattern.

musajen is offline Junior Member

Funny you should ask... Dr. Eades just covered this topic on his blog: http://www.proteinpower.com/drmike/weight-loss/ac-fat-loss-bible-critique-part-ii/

It's a long post but well worth the info...my summary of it would read: Nights sweats are an indication of increased metabolic action in your body attributable to a metabolic advantage brought on by a low-carb diet.

And yep, I've experienced those too. I really notice it when my carbs are diehard low.

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member

Yep, I've experienced this too when eating quite low-carb. Thanks for the link, musajen!

Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member

Art DeVany, I think, also wrote that fat burning increases during the deeper stages of sleep.

You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

neighborhood fit is offline Junior Member

Thanks for the question and answers. I thought it was menopause ;-)

“Being realistic is the most commonly traveled road to mediocrity.”

MalPaz is offline Senior Member

i sweat at night a lot...even if my room is like 40 degrees... i FREEZE after dinner and i sweat when i go to bed.... ???

sidandlucy Guest

i sometimes wake up soaking wet and i had never been a night sweater before going (mostly) primal. i'm glad to hear that it's a good thing!

avocado is offline Senior Member

I've been hotter at night, but not sweats. Still, it's a weird feeling for someone used to being chronically cold. Makes me worry a little about the hot, hot summer, which in the past I have tolerated better than other people.

twinmama is offline Senior Member

I wonder if the change in diet is having an effect on hormones. Hormone changes can induce extreme sweating during one's sleep... Interestingly, I've been more primal in the last 2 weeks, and sweats have been INTENSE... but it's also a bit warmer at night... I'm kickin' off the covers...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast