Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Food for Food Poisening. page

DinoHunter is online now Senior Member

Food for Food Poisening.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    DH has food poisening (dodgy milk from corner shop )
    and feeling very sorry for himself, only thing he seems to be able to keep down/eat is toast.
    Not the best thing obviously.
    Any (preferably more Primal)suggestions of what I can give him to help him recover faster?
    Ive been getting him to take some Raw Apple Cider vinegar and he had a little yogurt earlier which seems to be ok but anything else "food" that hes tried so far sends him running for the loo pronto.
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Goosejuggler is offline Senior Member
    If he isn't hungry - don't make him eat anything!

His insides have had a bit of a traumatic time of it, so give them a good break.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    To keep him hydrated plenty of water and bone broth...
    No foods if it's making things worse.

Introduce easily digested small solids slowly... such as a bit of rice cooked in the broth.

He should feel better soon.

Best wishes to him.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Quote Originally Posted by Goosejuggler View Post
    If he isn't hungry - don't make him eat anything!

His insides have had a bit of a traumatic time of it, so give them a good break.
    Actully hes starving but whenever he eats anything like proper food.... Ummm system flush!
    He dident eat anything all yesterday untill supper time (Chicken soup) wich dident stay with him..
    The toast is helping but hes hungrey & I dont think eating a whole loaf of bread is going to do him any favours eather.
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

Thanks
    I was gonna make him some rice as suggested but he turned his nose up at that and decided to just go without and look pitiful for a while *sigh* men....
    But doing much better now & ate a bit of proper food for supper & seems to be doing ok so hopefully its run its course.

No more getting milk from the corner shop though (Not the first time its happened)

noodletoy is online now Senior Member
    broth with some eggs stirred in. even if the bug has run its course, he should still go easy.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

– Ernest Hemingway

tarek is offline Senior Member
    Have him drink ginger tea 20 minutes before each meal. If he can handle it, give him a bit of raw honey here and there. As far as toast goes, try and buy the Ezekiel bread for him. I ate that once when I had a stomach upset (over a year and a half ago) and I recall it working well.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    I had food poisoning about two weeks ago now.

I ate nothing for a long while, drank water and peppermint tea, and then finally about 24-36 hours after first vomiting, I had some passionfruit gelato.

That's primal, right?

lol

Anyway, I usually go with apple sauce.

I think hes pretty much over it now, It actully started 3 days ago only he dident realize it was FP at first, no throwing up.. just the runs whenever he ate.
    Lots of Tea, water & a bit of Toast since Friday evening seems to have worked now but ill make a note if it ever happens again (Hopefully not!)
    Yogurt with raw honey & rasspberrys seemed to help to

Gelletos more primal than toast anyways

Had to look up the Ezekiel bread... No chance id ever find that around here.. its all cheap nasty white stuff the shops carry, they dident even have any type of brown or "healthyer" (for what thats worth) type of bread at the shop I went to.

I could make it if I had the ingredients though..

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    My after stomach upset thing to eat is either potato chips or French fries with lots of salt.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast