Thread: Does car washing count? page

naiadknight is online now Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

I just got done washing and washing and vacuuming my car and I'm kinda curious: does it count towards my low level aerobic? If this has already been touched on, please forgive me and point me in the right direction.

"No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

The Big L is offline Senior Member

Cavemen did not have cars! Imagine how much more exercise you'd get if you walked instead of drove that car all the time!

Heheh, just kidding. My car-washing days are long gone, but I recall it could be a decent low-level workout if I really got into it. If it got your heart rate up a bit for a while, I think you can count it. I wouldn't replace my long walks with car-washing exclusively, but every little bit counts.

I generally prefer to walk around, but I've been down a couple nights this week with being abso-fracking-lutely exhausted from carb flu. I'll take what I can get this week.

Besides, my car had been attacked by the diarrhea pigeons that live the tree over my car and desperately needed a good cleaning and waxing.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Pigeons, eh? Maybe your energy would have been better spent hunting the pigeons so they can't mess up your car again. Plus you could enjoy some delicious roast pigeons. It would be like killing two pigeons with one primal stone!

Not these flying rats. Gods only know what they're carrying. The squirrels in the backyard, on the other hand (aside from the one we've quasi- adopted) would make a very tasty stew or roast.

My Primal Battle Tome

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

Squirrels are arboreal rats. In Denver, we were sworn enemies. They would get in my house, destroy my garden. Here in FL, they are just part of the scenery, no problemo.

I've made peace with the local tree vermin. They can have all the acorns they want if they stay out of my garden, which seems to be working well so far. The flying rats, on the other hand, are obviously intolerant of acorns (hence the bird diarrhea), and keep shitting on my baby. Not to mention, I grew up in Dallas, where pigeons and grackles were the airborne rats that made a nice walk among the trees or downtown impossible for all their noise and their excretions. I hate pigeons with a passion. I just can't quite get the right gear and speed to be able to take them out without worrying about hitting the neighborhood kids.

My Primal Battle Tome

This sounds fun! How about a slingshot with a handful of very small pebbles? You'd probably get large enough dispersion to assure you'd hit the pigeons, but the pebbles would be small enough that they'd lose speed quickly and would be harmless should they happen to fall on someone.

Of course you'd probably want to plan your angle of attack carefully so that you wouldn't risk hitting anyone or their property.

You could experiment with different sizes and numbers of pebbles. It might be that you can't find a pebble both large enough to cause lethal damage and small enough to avoid collateral damage. But it would still be fun.

If that doesn't work, I suggest introducing some predator of pigeons into your yard. Some hawks will eat pigeons, right?

Unfortunately, I think most hawks refuse to stay in city. I need a collie, a Husky, or a smart cat. The collie or husky is on the list anyways, we need a dog. The cat would also be good for the vermin that occasionally attack my garden.

Ideally, we'd mate a working husky and a working collie and then carefully choose the nutrition during pregnancy to get a smart, well built mutt with characteristics of both parents. It'll never happen, but that's what we want.

My Primal Battle Tome