Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Candida page

Bigrob0077 Guest

Shop Now

I recently heard from my mother who is an RN about and problematic yeast in our bodies called Candida. I have read a few articles about it, and it seems that the best cure outlined is basically the primal blueprint lifestyle. I would like to gather some more information on here if there are doctors or just anyone that may have some more information about it. down below i will put a few of the symptoms and a brief explanation but i would love external input thanks.

Rob-theanvilgym.blogspot.com

Identifying Candida Symptoms

Candida is nearly an epidemic in our society and is responsible for many of the chronic illness categories we see so frequently. Candida symptoms are vast and all encompassing and can even incapacitate the individual.

Most people are unaware that it even exists, because most main stream doctors are uneducated about its impact on our health. People suffering from this condition often go from doctor to doctor for years and are usually told they are a hypochondriac or that it is stress or a psychiatric problem, before ever discovering the real culprit.

Candida Albicans is a yeast that occurs naturally in the human body. Normally it lives in harmony with a variety of other microorganisms and actually performs a couple important functions. The problem occurs when something upsets the balance of bacteria in the body and this allows the yeast organism to proliferate and take over all the healthy microorganisms.

It normally resides in the intestinal tract, mouth, throat and genitals, however it can burrow holes in the intestinal tract, enter the blood stream and then make it's way into any organ of the body. To make matters worse it emits over 70 different toxins into the body. Some people may even become allergic to the yeast itself.

Once this hardy organism proliferates in the body, it wrecks havoc in many ways and is the initiator of many common maladies, conditions, syndromes and illnesses in our population.

Some of the most frequent Candida symptoms are:

-abdominal gas and bloating

-headaches

-migraines

-excessive fatigue

-cravings for alcohol

-anxiety

-vaginitis

-rectal itching

-cravings for sweets

-inability to think clearly or concentrate

-hyperactivity

-mood swings

-diarrhea

-constipation

-hyperactivity

-itching

-acne

-eczema

-depression

-sinus inflammation

-pre-menstrual syndrome

-dizziness

-poor memory

-persistent cough

-earaches

-low sex drive

-muscle weakness

-irritability

-learning difficulties

-sensitivity to fragrances and/or other chemicals

-cognitive impairment

-thrush

-athlete's foot

-sore throat

-indigestion

-acid reflux

-chronic pain

StoneAgeQueen is offline Senior Member

I suffer horribly from candida and have done since I was about 9 years old. Fasting helps, as does cutting all dairy and limited fruits.

Type 1 diabetic for 25 years.
    Low carb for 7 years, LC Primal for 2.5 of those.
    Fruit and starch free.
    Total weight loss- 3 stone/42 pounds. Current weight = 121 pounds. Height 5'5
    I take Zymessence systemic enzymes.

Bigrob0077 Guest

I did the home test on it. " waking up in the morning and without drinking or putting anything in mouth. Spit in a clear glass cup and observe your spit. If you see strings hanging down and particles gathering at the bottom of the class then you may have a bad case of it." I need to get this under control bc i have linked many things from my childhood to the symptoms of Candida.

DrBig74 is offline Junior Member
    Texas, East Coast, wherever else my travels take me!

Yes, the candida albican is a very oppurtunistic yeast that will take over and run rampant when ever there is an imbalance in the human body. As a Naturapath, I advise the use of oregano oil in pill form. (Do not try to take the oil and drip it down your throat, as it will induce a vomit reflex) Oreganol, or other brand names like Oregacyllin work great, but for the effect of killing candida albicans, viruses, bacterium, oregano oil is the best natural killer of these unwanted pathogens in our system.

They also spawn "athelete's foot" and vaginal yeast infections. In both cases, I find that oregano oil works from the inside out, which is where the root of the problem exists.

Everyday I take oreganol oil and Vitamin D3 to ward off infection and common deseases.

I hope this helps!

Be well!

DrBig74

Bigrob0077 Guest

thanks alot Drbig.... i def wanna go a natural way of dealing with it.

DrBig74 is offline Junior Member
    Texas, East Coast, wherever else my travels take me!

No problem. Be sure to take at least 3 standardized pills twice a day.

Best of luck to you!

Be well!

DrBig74

runswithbuffalo is offline Junior Member

Kudos for your mom knowing about it! Most people in the medical arena poo poo it.

I have had digestive issues all of my life. At 16 I was diagnosed with IBS and at 25 IBS, duodenitis, ileitis and Crohns like symptoms. My doc prescribed an anti-depressant to slow my system down (yah, like I needed to be more run down) and anti spasmodics. I declined and took my health into my own hands. That is when I learned of Candida, I went on a hard-core anti-candida diet (much like primal) and felt much better. I, unfortunatey, did not maintain the diet and all the candida symptoms came back with a vengeance. I am now on a strict non-dairy primal 30 day challenge (as of the 3/1) and I already notice a huge improvement. It does take some time to heal the gut so patience is key!

StoneAgeQueen is offline Senior Member

Coconut butter is potently anti candida, as is garlic. I nearly had mine cleared up until I went on a carb binge triggered by stress. I've been paying for it ever since. Taking a strong probiotic such as 3lac helps too.

Type 1 diabetic for 25 years.
    Low carb for 7 years, LC Primal for 2.5 of those.
    Fruit and starch free.
    Total weight loss- 3 stone/42 pounds. Current weight = 121 pounds. Height 5'5
    I take Zymessence systemic enzymes.

Bigrob0077 Guest

thanks you all have been a great help

mamajen Guest

DrBig - Thanks for the info! Is Oregano Oil something I can take while breastfeeding?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast