Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Candida page 2

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member

Shop Now

DrBig -- thanks for the oregano oil tip. Might try that!

Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

DrBig74 is offline Junior Member
    Texas, East Coast, wherever else my travels take me!

I would urge against using oregano oil during pregnancy or breast feeding. The woman's body should be in "high gear" during those times, and if you are following proper nutriion guidelines (primal or genotyping), and getting a great multiple mineral and vitamin formula, then you should be able to fight off infection. Also, remember one important reason for mothers milk is to pass antibodies and immune components to the child. One should not compromise this aspect by taking something as strong as oregano oil.

Since I am not a woman, thanks for asking for specificity! LOL!

Be well!

DrBig74

Allbeef Patty is offline Senior Member

DrBig. What about caprylic acid?

lifewithjades is offline Senior Member

Dr. Big,

May I inquire as to where you went to school? I'm looking into Portland and Arizona right now and just comparing the different programs.......just curious- thank you in advance!

kristinjillian is offline Junior Member

StoneAgeQueen, you mentioned that cutting all dairy and limiting fruits helps reduce your symptoms of acid reflux. Does this include butter and/or ghee?

Has anyone else had similar experiences?

Thank you!

~Kristin ;^)

StoneAgeQueen is offline Senior Member

Hi. I don't suffer from reflux, just candida. I didn't cut out my grass fed, organic butter, just all other dairy.

Type 1 diabetic for 25 years.
    Low carb for 7 years, LC Primal for 2.5 of those.
    Fruit and starch free.
    Total weight loss- 3 stone/42 pounds. Current weight = 121 pounds. Height 5'5
    I take Zymessence systemic enzymes.

AlexK is offline Junior Member

Candida albicans naturally grows in the body and usually only causes issues if your immune system is compromised or if it gets under your skin (called "outgrowth", or, if it's in the mouth, "thrush.")

If you have an outgrowth of candida, a 10-14 of antifungal treatments are generally more reliable than oregano oil.

The idea that candida overgrowths can be responsible for chronic conditions has not been supported by research to date. At the present time, it appears that problem candida infections only present as an acute condition.

The best way to prevent candida outgrowths is to simply do your best to prevent your immune system from becoming compromised. Good food, sunlight, exercise--you know. Being primal!

kristinjillian is offline Junior Member

StoneAgeQueen: Oops! My mistake. Thanks for clarifying. ;^)

hazyjane is offline Senior Member

Hey! I have lots of experience with candida protocols (with doing one myself and with helping my customers).

I used oregano oil back in the day (the drops- yes, they DO induce the gag/choke reflex!!)along with 2 mos. of strict eating, probiotics and supps for leaky gut.

Now there are faster, easier ways, thank goodness! Here is a simple (and fast-acting) candida protocol:

Candex for 1-2 weeks.

Candex is a systemic enzyme taken on an EMPTY stomach. It breaks down the cell wall of the yeast and kills it quickly without the usual die-off symptoms that antifungal herbs and meds induce.

Reuteri-strain probiotics for at least 6 weeks.

I like Nature's Way Reuteri Pearls. Reuteri repopulates the gut to keep the yeast from coming back. It also repairs the damage ("leaky gut syndrome") caused by the yeast rhizomes puncturing the lining.

L-glutamine- 2000 mg. 3x/day for addional gut lining repair. Take for at least 6 weeks.

Something to boost the immune system like Saventaro brand cat's claw or a quality brand of astragalus.

Vitacost.com has all of these at awesome prices:-)

Diet wise- PB is great, only minimize/eliminate fruit during the 1-2 weeks on Candex and also eliminate vinegar and mushrooms (just in case of sensitivites) during that period.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12