Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Newbie - been a veggie - feeling sick eating meat page 3

StoneAgeQueen is offline Senior Member

Shop Now

@ bruce.b

I didn't say those were the only reasons on why to avoid it. I can list all of them if you want! Why would anyone on a Primal lifestyle even consider eating Quorn?

Type 1 diabetic for 25 years.
    Low carb for 7 years, LC Primal for 2.5 of those.
    Fruit and starch free.
    Total weight loss- 3 stone/42 pounds. Current weight = 121 pounds. Height 5'5
    I take Zymessence systemic enzymes.

Mindi Guest

Another member gave me the suggestion of saying a prayer or blessing before meals thanking the animal for its nourishment. I think that may help me with eating meat more than anything other suggestion - gratitude and reverence.

An animal is so much more than calories, protein, and fat. There are many Native American stories about their relationship with the land and plants and animals. I think that is part of what has been missing for me, a sense of spirituality and honoring another living being for giving up its life in order for mine to go on.

Maybe that is something that is written about in The Vegetarian Myth, I haven't read it yet.

But since I know that the preagrarian relationship to food was not extensive checking of labels at the health food store, I have to wonder what their relationship to food and eating was like.

Does anyone have any thoughts or info on this topic?

I'm going to try that too Mindi. I feel terrible guilt over eating meat and the idea of a prayer and word of thanks would help me a lot. The Ancients were so much more in touch with the world around them than we are.

Fruit and starch free.

piano-doctor-lady is offline Senior Member

By all means read what Lierre has to say.

She honors not just the animals, but the whole of creation, in every part and how they all fit together. She practically died because of her total devotion to a vegan way of life, because she didn't want to hurt any animals. She tried to raise her own food, and discovered to her dismay that it was impossible to keep the garden fertile enough to grow food without animal byproducts being part of the mix.

She truly has walked the walk, and she writes like an angel.

Mindi Guest

piano-doctor-lady, while I was writing my post, you were already all over it!

Mindi Guest

I'd like to start a new thread with this topic, not just for veggies and vegans. It's a topic missing in the book, but not missing, I think, in many people's hearts.

As I'm a total newbie here, where would be the place to do that and would you please jump in with your wonderful comments?

piano-doctor-lady is offline Senior Member

LOL, Mindi

Sort of like writing letters back and forth, and having them cross in the mail ...

I chatter too much sometimes, but then, I do so enjoy it, and the people here are so nice and so interesting.

Mindi Guest

StoneAgeQueen, makes me feel good that those few words helped you as well. I'll have to go back and tell that member he made a difference today. It's a huge whether we eat with guilt or with gratitude.

Mindi Guest

p-d-l, wouldn't mistake passion for chatter!

Oh yes, please tell him thank you from me.

Fruit and starch free.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast