Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Sardines page 7

Scott F is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by paleo-bunny View Post
    Graduate in biochemistry from Oxford University.

What are your credentials?
    Never claimed to have any. I'm posting links to medical professor, dr Johnson, who is head of the university of colorado's renal health and hypertension deprt. This is thier latest lad research that illustrates in his book.
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

SteveRB is offline Junior Member
    Crown Prince sardines in olive oil are now in BPA-free cans in the U.S. (the new ones on the shelves say BPA-free on the front of the packaging). Really easy brand to find in the stores. I'm a believer in supporting the brands that are making the switch-over to BPA-free.
    Last edited by SteveRB; 08-21-2013 at 10:15 AM.

kiwigolfer39 is offline Member
    Hi all.... Just a quick question when eating the sardines.... You take the bones and what looks like a spine out dont you?

Cheers

FrenchFry is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwigolfer39 View Post
    Hi all.... Just a quick question when eating the sardines.... You take the bones and what looks like a spine out dont you?

Cheers
    Non!! Eat the whole thing!!! From the can, with your fingers Seriously, you have to eat the whole thing. A shame they often remove the heads.

Warmbear is offline Senior Member
    2 cans of sardines and a healthy dollop of spicy salsa then mix well and eat with a spoon, great snack or lunch. I get the Pastene brand cans of Sardines in Olive oil from Portugal. If you refrigerate the can before hand the olive oil coves out as a fishy wax brick so I am sorta confident the olive oil is olive oil. I cannot find fresh or frozen sardines locally and not sure what to do with them if I did.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member

Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by FrenchFry View Post
    Non!! Eat the whole thing!!! From the can, with your fingers Seriously, you have to eat the whole thing. A shame they often remove the heads.
    Yum! Crunchy! Although what I like to do is drain the can into a bowl for the cats, dump the contents on a plate, and eat it with a fork.

GiGiEats is offline Senior Member
    Sardines are one of my favorites!! I adore them! Always purchase them packed in olive oil! Throw them on salad greens, delicious!

kiwigolfer39 is offline Member
    And to clarify..... You just eat it all?

Wow I picked my way through it lol guess ill just be chucking it all in lol

Thanks all

Misabi is offline Senior Member

Cheers
    The crunchy bones are my favourite part :-)

I get them either in the little flat oblong cans in spring water, or more often from the Asian food markets in the standard 400g type cans in brine and fish oil. The big cans tend to have 4 halves of larger fish.

I like to drain them and add coconut milk, lime juice, maybe 1 or 2 crushed kaffir line leaves and died chilli flakes to give it a Thai flavor. Heat to taste and eat on its own, over salad, sweet potato or rice.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

ilovesteak is offline Senior Member
    Wild Planet sardines in olive oil + Sriracha Sauce.

Combine and enjoy daily.

Unbeatable!!!!!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast