Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Sardines page 5

Scott F is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    My advice on eating liver about once per week comes from Matt Lalonde. Since he eats Paleo and is phd biochemist I'm going his advice. Different animals have different concentration of Vitamin A. Inuits will http://www.livestrong.com/article/26...-uric-acid/not eat any polar bear liver because one meal of will make a person sick. PBs have the highest concentration vitamin A of animal animal

What Johnson thinks is how elevated uric acid leads to insulin resistance, metabolic syndrome. So for purine foods it depends on how much you are eating
    Last edited by Scott F; 10-06-2012 at 04:30 PM.
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

iuecbrad is offline Junior Member
    how about sardines in mustard sauce?

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Polar bear liver is not cow's liver. I challenge you to eat too much cow's liver. You will get tired of it long before you overdose on Vitamin A.

Sardines in mustard sauce are delicious!
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

68 grams of beef liver is has over 400% the daily needs. As a hunter Grok was not eating much liver weekly
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    I've regularly consumed 10,000% of my RDA of vitamin A in one meal and it did nothing bad. I often eat a pound of liver at a time, beef or chicken. I am the evidence you are looking for. I seek out and religiously eat purine-dense food, and have been doing so for three years. Have lost 45 pounds, suffered no ailments - at all, other than a sniffle here and there, and once I ate some bad beef heart and had to barf - and feel like a million bucks. You want proof? I can double my oyster and liver intake for you. I see no reason not to.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

pace2race is offline Senior Member
    My life will be very high quality when my panic and worry is from research of how eating sardines and beef liver will make me fat.

Artbuc is offline Senior Member
    I can buy Wild Planet sardines for $2.79 at my local WF store. Vital Choice is $1 more per tin (same weight) plus S&H. Is the Vital Choice enough better to justify the higher price? I eat a lot of sardines so $1 per tin will add up pretty fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    I've regularly consumed 10,000% of my RDA of vitamin A in one meal and it did nothing bad. I often eat a pound of liver at a time, beef or chicken. I am the evidence you are looking for. I seek out and religiously eat purine-dense food, and have been doing so for three years. Have lost 45 pounds, suffered no ailments - at all, other than a sniffle here and there, and once I ate some bad beef heart and had to barf - and feel like a million bucks. You want proof? I can double my oyster and liver intake for you. I see no reason not to.
    Go for it. Mark Sisson relies on research. I do too. I'll continue to listen to someone like Matt Lalonde since he is a biochemist

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    The RDA is the minimum. I sometimes will eat a pound of liver over a couple of days. I'm the only one in the house that eats liver so I have to eat it all. What usually happens is after I've eaten it I have no desire for liver for a while. Then eventually liver sounds tasty again and I have another pound of liver. It's amazing how if you listen to your body it actually knows what is right for you. I honestly believe you can't really overeat liver so long as you don't force yourself to eat more than you want.

And how can you worry about sardines? They are small fish that are low on the food chain. They're not going to have the mercury or other metals of tuna or other larger predator fish. They have lots of Omega 3. I eat them almost every work day. I have never gotten gout. About the only thing that sardines (and salmon) do to me is when I cut myself I bleed too much. All that Omega 3 thins your blood.

Sometimes the things people worry about around here are so insane. Most people used to eat packaged meals that are made with multiple forms of MSG and sugar, are loaded with cheap ingredients including freeze-dried vegetables pretending to be real vegetables and never worried. Or they let big companies prepare all their meals and said yes when asked if you wanted the combo meal but never worried. Now suddenly ooh, worry about sardines, worry about liver, worry because it's in a can, worry because some fat old guy got gout because he also ate too much steak after his golf games.

We are meant to eat densely nutritious foods. We are not meant to use a spread sheet to figure out what to eat. Our appetites work for that. But you have to feed your appetite real, dense nutritious food because it's not fooled by the lighter stuff.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Credodisi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Sometimes the things people worry about around here are so insane. Most people used to eat packaged meals that are made with multiple forms of MSG and sugar, are loaded with cheap ingredients including freeze-dried vegetables pretending to be real vegetables and never worried. Or they let big companies prepare all their meals and said yes when asked if you wanted the combo meal but never worried. Now suddenly ooh, worry about sardines, worry about liver, worry because it's in a can, worry because some fat old guy got gout because he also ate too much steak after his golf games.
    Amen to this. All choices come with some risk. I think the advantages of tinned sardines far, far outweigh the risks.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast