Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I ate a chicken page

Primal Fuel

Last night...an entire chicken. Wait people, it gets better. An entire chicken, a bag of pork rinds, some almond butter, an entire bag of string beans, and a primal pancake. I also had 2 glasses of merlot, so.....I could have eaten more and just cannot recall it right now.

Now, I DID run 3 miles, do P90X Kenpo Plus, 30 minutes of strength training, AND I canoed 8 miles.

However, an entire chicken? Damn. Will be IF most of the day today!

Is there anyone out there that has triggers that leads to eating WAY more than necessary? For me it's wine, one glass and it's a free for all. At least I kept it primal.

How do you keep yourself from going on a Grok Gorge?

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

Oh goodness.... I am so proud of you. haha.

I had a few days of heavy eating (not a whole chicken though) and decided one day to IF. I had a 24 hour IF and felt much better afterward. I wasn't hungry at all during those 24 hours, though there were a few times when I felt like I wanted to eat something (just out of habit)... but I didn't, and when 24 hours was up, had a pretty normal dinner.

But I don't think eating a ton in one day is a problem, especially if you do as much physically as you did. It'll even out later in the week I'm sure.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

Sounds like the way I've been lately. I ate one of those roaster chickens in 2 meals- half one day, half the next. That's way more than I usually eat. I finished off the chicken yesterday for lunch, but it kept me so full I didn't really eat any dinner- just a handful of trail mix.

I agree with FlyNavyWife. If you're active, your meals balance out, and you're not gorging yourself then purging, don't worry too much about it. The nice thing with eating a ton of protein and fat is that you're not so likely to be starving a couple hours later and wanting to eat again.

@Diana: I recall you saying something about feast and survival weeks. Do you want to do a survival week together next week? I think I can do it with some support! How low carb do you go?

Sure! Sounds like fun.

Usually when I do it, my feast weeks tip near 100- sometimes as high as 125 but rarely, and my survival weeks are down around 25. I've had completely carbless days too, so I'm fine with working with whatever numbers you want to do.

My survival weeks generally consist of 2 meals a day, whichever two I decide to eat. Some days it's breakfast and lunch. Sometimes breakfast and dinner, lunch and dinner. It's all kinda random. I don't know how much you're used to IFing, so if you want to do less that's fine too.

So are y'all doing this Monday through Friday? Or Monday-Sunday? Or starting today? or what? I may join in.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

sorry it double-posted.

Monday thru friday works for me. I tend to be sorta "whatever" on the weekends.

Gonna join us?

Sure, sounds good. I think I'm going to aim for under 50g carbs a day. I know it's not as low as possible, but it's lower than normal. Just means probably less fruit.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

The more support, the better! I just finished my workout and I thought all of that extra food would mean an awesome pump. However, it was harder to get through than normal. l got extremely frustrated, but pushed through it. Was going to go for a run but decided my body just isn't up for it. Will IF the rest of the day and start tomorrow fresh.

I think I will shoot for the 40's next week for carbs. I am typically at 75, so that sounds like a good number.

So, Monday-Friday 40 or less carbs. Do you want to start a separate thread to keep us all connected? And we need to find a way to reward ourselves if we get through it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast