Thread: Hello out there! page

Ailvayn is offline Junior Member

Red face Hello out there!

Primal Fuel
    Oh boy, the ever awkward forum introduction. JOY! Ok, down to business.

My name is Beth, but to sum up my username quickly, I chose it a few months back as new moniker for myself (previously going by "Salila" online, which is Indian (as in from India, not the Native American kind, to be clear) for "water") because of the closeness of the sound of the name (yes I made it up) to the word "elven." And "elven" just kinda describes how close I am with nature. If it weren't a million degrees outside right about now, that's where I'd be.

I'm an artist, but having tried that as a career, I learned that didn't describe me as much as I once thought. I'm a horsewoman, and while that is certainly probably the most of me, as I'd so rather spend time shoveling horse poop or slipping a leg over a sturdy back than attempting to hold a conversation with a person, that still isn't everything. Aside from these, I'm a belly dancer, (tribal fusion, if you care to know) and I do yoga as cross training for my dancing. I recently decided to take up running, barefoot, of course. I hadn't planned to but then I bought a pair of VFFs and while hiking in the woods with my dog, just started running, and it all just kinda clicked.

I'm also a bookworm, and while I am often found engrossed in novels, you can also find me buried in self study about horses or herbalism. Yes, I keep binders loaded in notes. And I don't even go to class for these things.

Ok well... I guess that's it, and then the typical statement of "If you wanna know more, just ask me."

patski is offline Senior Member
    Hi Beth! Welcome!

These forums are a cesspool of interesting information Try and keep up! lol

I would love to try my hand at belly dancing one day.
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

My advice would be to start with a dvd or something. Classes can be expensive (and a little embarrassing if you're unsure about it). It's not difficult, but it does take practice, the hardest part for me was finding and isolating all the muscle groups.

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    Vedui Ailvayn!
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

My MDA Friday success story - Stubborn Senior's Testimonial

I'm going to assume that that means Hello or Welcome. :P So thanks!

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    It is sort of slang Elvish for greetings. :-)
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

My MDA Friday success story - Stubborn Senior's Testimonial