Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: We need some Dudecipes. page 8

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by NicMcCool View Post
    Here's my question; can I leave food in a crock pot for 10+ hours?
    Yes, you can. My crock has settings for 4 or 6 hours (on a higher temp), and then 8 or 10 hours (on a lower temp), and is extra roomy. My crock pot is a number of years old. The newer ones even have programmable times - it switches to "warm" after the cook phase is done. I haven't tried that yet just because my old huge one still works and I don't have a reason to go buy another.

That was a good suggestion from fitmom.

tcseacliff is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bork Bork View Post
    Frittatas are so easy to make (and the wifey will be super impressed). Chop up some bacon and toss in a pan, have it render out some of the deliciousness over low heat. Meanwhile, chop up some veggies-- bell pepper, green onion, and mushrooms usually make an appearance in my frittata. Cook veggies in bacon fat with bacon over medium heat. Meanwhile, beat up a dozen (12) eggs with cream or coconut milk and a little pepper & tarragon. Pour into pan with bacon & veggies. Allow to sit on burner until the eggs start solidifying. When that happens, open your oven and throw under the broiler for about 8 mins. Carefully pull out, cut like a pie, and serve with salsa and other favorite fixins (homemade guacamole, cheese, etc)
    It's perfect to pull together on a Saturday morning. Make a point to get up early (before the wife) and cook it. See if it doesn't get you some serious attention
    since i discovered these, have not missed a day. it is my breakfast, never disappoints. I have never made one with an entire dozen. when I just read this, i may have wet myself!

Chaohinon is offline Senior Member
    “The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

tcseacliff is offline Senior Member
    awesome ! but it needs onions, for sure ! I really bet the dog would not really care either way!LOL!

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    I just thought of one - BEER CAN CHICKEN

I know beer ain't primal, but you can use other liquids like tea. Isn't hard - rub thawed chicken inside and out with your favorite rub. Open can, drink half. Ermmm, place can up chicken's butt. Go and put chicken on the grill - somewhere NOT on top of the hottest coals, dude. Between the beer can and two chicken legs, you have a tripod that holds the chicken upright on the grate. Close grill.

Go shower and do whatever for an hour to 90 minutes and come back and eat.

zizou is offline Senior Member
    I'm a dude and i need a bit of help.

I have a boneless lamb shoulder roast piece sitting in the fridge. It's about 1kg, i was going to oven roast it but realised we had a slow cooker and thought that would be a safer option.

How to do i go about making it so that it is juicy and fatty-ish. I have beef stock if that helps..

me2
    me2 is offline Senior Member
    Wings
    2 lbs chicken wings fried in palm oil
    toss in 1/2 cup franks red hot mixed w/ 1/3 cup melted butter
    dip in 2 cups plain yogurt mixed w/ 1 clove garlic & salt to taste, a little horseradish if yer nasty

"taco" salad
    1lb hot sausage
    lettuce
    cheese if you swing like that
    guac-mash 2 ripe avocados, juice of 1 lime, 1-2 tablespoons chopped cilantro, 1 small tomato diced and seeded, 1/8 cup diced onion, 1/4 teaspoon garlic pow, salt & let sit for 1 hr

salsa
    olive oil and lime dressing
    Notebook of a Nutrition Nerd

‘THE FOOD YOU EAT CAN BE THE SAFEST AND MOST POWERFUL FORM OF MEDICINE OR THE SLOWEST RELEASING POISON' - Dr Ann Wigmore.

Danielfire is offline Senior Member
    Mark's BLT - tried this tonight

Butterfly a chicken breast, ie cut in half through width, but not completely, enough to fold it out flat
    Fry both sides
    once cooked, insert mayo, bacon, tomato, avocado
    eat like a sandwich

easy for baby McCool to eat too
    Last edited by Danielfire; 07-15-2012 at 04:59 AM. Reason: punct

Warmbear is online now Senior Member
    What is it with guys that cant cook? Seriously guys suck it up and effing learn, I am sick of hearing about men that cant cook to save their lives. Where I work, all the men look at me like I am a freak for cooking good food all on my own and the women cluck about my lousy wife. I can cook, I can sew, I can embroider the garb I just made by hand and I can change diapers. WHY is this so strange?

Are you children that need to be taken care of? sheesh.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Okay, I've been rockin' this recipe a lot lately because it's SOOOO good. Oven Roasted Tilapia With Tomatoes, Pesto And Lemon Recipe - Food.com - 290644 Last night I used roma tomatoes and it was even better. This would work with pretty much any kind of fish I would imagine and for variety I've been buying whole live clams, cleaning them and mixing them in with the roast tomatoes. 1. Roast tomatoes according to linked recipe. 2. Throw the cleaned clams in and stir. 3. Return to the oven for 10 minutes, giving it a good stir half way through. 4. Add a couple of the squeezed lemon wedges to the mix, lay the fish on top and follow the rest of the recipe.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast