Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: We need some Dudecipes. page 2

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Good View Post
    Also your wife will think anything that you cook is amazing as long as you do the dishes.
    Yes! My boyfriend does the dishes (I cook everything but steak) and I will NEVER leave him, short of a restraining order, and even then I'm not really sure.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

patski is offline Senior Member
    Dudecipes are on my blog. The most difficult ones have been the Indian meals, ie. butter chicken and curried lamb. Everything else is stupid easy and delish.
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alex good View Post
    a frittata is an open faced omelette which has the ingredients mixed in as opposed to set on top. It is also flipped instead of folded.
    A frito lay is a demonic organism which sheds its skin and sells the rancid skin chips to humans.

Also your wife will think anything that you cook is amazing as long as you do the dishes.
    qtf

Wanderlust is offline Senior Member
    Easy Dudecipe:

Bacon, Cut to bite size
    Brussels Sprouts, quartered
    Broccoli, bite size

Fry bacon, when starting to brown add sprouts, wait a minute or two add broccoli. Don't let it burn. Done.

Three ingredients, 1 frying pan, 10 mins.
    "Go For Broke"
    Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
    Small Kine-168/9%
    Now- 200/8%
    Goal- 210/6%

wiltondeportes Guest
    I don't think there are any divine recipes. Just work with your ingredients and figure it out. Cook the stuff that has to be cooked, and don't cook the stuff that shouldn't be cooked. It sounds like you already know what to do.

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NicMcCool View Post

Dude, b-sprouts are smart. I totally forgot about them.
    Brussels sprouts are ingenious. Especially if you deep fry them, which is a total man-recipe:

Plug in deep fryer. Cut large brussels sprouts in quarters and small ones in half (lengthwise in both cases).

Toss them in the deep fryer until they're slightly brown. Take them out with your bare hands and shake them in a big bowl with a paper towel in the bottom while you throw salt all around the kitchen. (Make sure some gets in the bowl).

Unplug the deep fryer. Sweep the floor. Deep fried brussels sprouts. Amazing.

patski is offline Senior Member
    Deep fried in what type of oil though?

This would be frakin' awesome in bacon fat!
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    Ya'll a bunch of girls.

This is the only recipe you'll ever need- Meat.

NicMcCool is offline Senior Member
    Last night I tried to make a fancy dinner for Mrs. McCool. Grilled up a few pounds of salmon, and punched some 'cados into submission for some homemade guac.

I even lit a candle and served everything on paper plates (no dishes to do afterwards. Smart.).

Apparently other ingredients go into guacamole besides pulverized avocados, as my wife was quick to point out. Also "salmon isn't supposed to be frozen on the inside and black on the outside".

Cooking's hard, dude.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Lucky for you, a good woman will still give you an A for effort.

I'm definitely no chef. I made mahi mahi en papillote for my boyfriend when we first started dating. He actually thought I could cook. Poor guy. In reality, I have 7 or 8 dishes in my rotation that I know I can count on, and I kind of cycle through them and maybe change up the veggies or the seasonings. But practice really does make... edible. Not perfect, though. Certain things become instinctive and you won't have to try so hard.

My best advice for any kind of fish or meat is to go to Amazon or your local store (we've got Target, but I don't know what you have there) and get a digital thermometer with an alarm. You stick the probe in the thickest part of the meat then run the wire out the oven or BBQ door. Set the alarm for whatever temp is done, then walk away. When the alarm goes off, take it out of the oven and it's perfect.

This is the one I got at Amazon, though you can find them a lot of places for not a lot of money. I actually got mine at Target.

Amazon.com: Taylor 1470 Digital Cooking Thermometer/Timer: Home & Kitchen

Also, almost everything on the planet that goes in the oven cooks at 350F/175C, so if you're not sure, set the oven for that.
    Last edited by RitaRose; 06-16-2012 at 09:18 AM.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast