Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are you eating things that you didn't eat before you went Primal? page

jodeyh is offline Member

Are you eating things that you didn't eat before you went Primal?

Shop Now
    I definitely am. I never ever ate strawberries or apples before starting my Primal journey. Oh! Or dark chocolate. Love all three now.

In fact, I just bit into a gigantic strawberry and it reminded me of the plant from Little Shop of Horrors. "Feed me Seymour!!"

CaveWeirdo is offline Senior Member
    I wasn't fond of seeds before but I now feel a salad is not quite right without a sprinkle of my fave seed mix.

I didn't like avocados much before and started out having them mixed in with other stuff, but now I just slice them open and eat them with a spoon.

I used to be slightly squeamish about the skin/fatty/gristly bits of a chicken but now when I cook chicken I eat the skin, have a good dig around for every last scrap of meat and any wobbly bits that are chewable, and finally make a broth with the bones and gristly bits.

I also buy fatty cuts of meat and enjoy it when loved ones cut the fat off theirs and look a little horrified to see me eating mine and going MMMM.
    Start weight: 238 lbs (March 2012)
    Current weight: 205 lbs (July 2012)
    Loss so far: 33 lbs!!!
    WOE: Primal + IF
    Movements: Hiking, sprinting.
    Goal: to see my abs some time in 2013!

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Ooh I love Little Shop of Horrors.

I can't think of anything I hadn't eaten before apart from coconut oil. I'm glad I found that.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

JVib is offline Senior Member
    Absolutely! A whole bunch of stuff: Duck eggs, goose eggs, venison, goat, sardines, canned salmon, canned oysters, canned clams, kippers, coconut oil, coconut milk, heavy cream, ghee, heart, liver, other organ meats, kale, brussells sprouts, dark chocolate (70% to 100%), Cacao nibs, goat cheese, lard, herbal tea, home made bone stock...I'm sure I missed some stuff.

Then there are so many other things out there to try. I am soooo open to trying new stuff since going primal.
    "You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need." ~ Vernon Howard

KerryK is offline Senior Member
    Liver, bone broth, coconut milk, beef shanks, duck egg (just 1).

That strawberry DOES look like Audrey II!

Definitely! Bacon, chicken skin, whole avocados, full-fat dairy -- all things I previously thought of as "too fatty", and would eat maybe once a year.

OneDeltaTenTango is online now Senior Member
    Coconut oil, beef marrow, vitamin D. Eating in much greater frequency since primal: liver, sweet potatoes, seaweed.

Paleobird Guest
    Primal has gotten me over my squeamishness about eating offal. Oh, and marrow bones no longer get tossed to the dog. He has to wait until I'm done with them.

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Kale
    Spinach
    raw green beans
    meat fat
    squash
    coconut flour
    pecan meal
    cauliflower
    offal (still not keen on kidney)
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Seaweed. Sweet potato. Japanese sweet potato. Spaghetti squash. Grass-fed and organic meats. Omega 3 eggs. Organic dairy. Raw meat (just a few bites)... all things coconut (don't like it that much though)

The biggest change for me was how I acquire the groceries. We now shop in bulk from local farmers, and I buy everything i can afford in organic version. I really like buying from the local farmers, and we get the cuts we would have never tried before.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast