Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Take Matt Stone Seriously? page 9

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Matt Stone could write every entry and book in ebonics and still make more sense on a nutritional level than most diet "gurus" out there now.

That said, I happen to appreciate his satire. It's a breath of fresh air, and he's a pretty funny guy.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    PB is just upset that Matt called out Angry Dick on his hypo and was right.
    I have absolutely no idea what or who you are talking about.

jackaaron is offline Member
    His entire post was unsubstantiated claims and distorted opinions. Im guessing you have read nothing from Matt Stone as well so me telling you what is inaccurate is an exercise in futility.

Also PB is just upset that Matt called out Angry Dick on his hypo and was right.
    But, even if his is full of unsubstantiated claims and distorted opinions, he has many statements that I can debate, and verify for accuracy. You've simply said, "Your post was completely full of inaccuracies which leads me to believe that you have read very little of Matt Stones work."

None of that is debatable, nor verifiable. Only YOU know what you think is inaccurate, and I cannot verify the validity of your statement because you have not addressed it.

So, could you just name 3? I would think this would be pretty simple.

Zach is offline Banned
    His entire post is incorrect. From Matts thoughts on insulin resistance to whole grains to carb content to his supposed ignorance of hypothyroid, hashimotos and diagnosis.

I dont exactly know why you need me to point these out. I have read pretty much everything Matt has written, you have read nothing (correct me if im wrong) and the man making the criticisms has supposedly read two ebooks out of 5+ and hundreds of blog posts. Whats the point of me arguing my side when the other side knows nothing on the topic?

His entire post is incorrect. From Matts thoughts on insulin resistance to whole grains to carb content to his supposed ignorance of hypothyroid, hashimotos and diagnosis.

I dont exactly know why you need me to point these out. I have read pretty much everything Matt has written, you have read nothing (correct me if im wrong) and the man making the criticisms has supposedly read two ebooks out of 5+ and hundreds of blog posts. Whats the point of me arguing my side when the other side knows nothing on the topic?
    Excellent question, IMO.

The reason is because a forum literally learns nothing when people say things like, "All you've said is wrong." "All you think is wrong."

Okay. If it's wrong, HOW is it wrong? That's all.

I probably seem as if I'm singling you out, and for that I apologize.

I am just so excited about this forum (as a whole), but there is so much room for improvement. ESPECIALLY for myself!

So, if I read you right, you think the Chiro Doc is wrong about the following:
    Matts thoughts on insulin resistance
    Whole grains
    Carb content
    Hypothyroid, hashimotos and diagnosis

Of course, you haven't said why, but whatever. At least we're getting somewhere!

The why is important since the Chiro Doc would be, "Okay, I'm wrong about Carbs...how am I wrong?"

Edit: I haven't answered one of your questions....

Absolutely not on reading Matt Stone, Ray Peat, or anyone that you've recommended thus far. Well, that's not true...I've read them, and I've stopped. Not because they go against my thinking, are you kidding me! I would LOVE to follow YOUR advice on your sugar journal, and a LOT of your other advice. I would literally love to. And, I say YOUR advice because you are OBVIOUSLY influenced by these people.

But, I can't follow your advice, nor theirs because they (and you) write based MORE SO on emotion and "I'm going to motivate you" and less on a Spock (from Star Trek) sense of just the facts. I see you throw in facts here and there, but it's mostly a "take my word for it" from you (and them). And, when it comes to changing your nutrition, I think you need logic, science, and facts so you can research them yourself, and come to your own conclusion.

patski is offline Senior Member
    This collective dick-measuring about who is right and who isn't is tiring. Both sides need to chill, and take a healthy dose of Fuckitol as Grumpy states. Why? One day, we're all going to die. And when we're on our deathbeds, I'm sure we'll be wondering why we spent hours on the internet wracking our brains over what to eat, how often, are carbs teh devil?!?!!?, is this a toxin?!?! etc.

All I know is, I've taken Matt's advice eating very easy to digest carbs, sugar, dairy and eggs, and I'm feeling better and actually having regular BM for the first time...in...uh...ever? While I appreciate the basic tenants of paleo, the community and the 'lifestyle' or Way of Eating has really turned into a cult with people turning into hypochondriac, orthorexic snobs who cannot take a lick of criticism or even think they might be other ways for people to live and eat healthfully.

Obsessing and endless researching on the net, buying every single fucking supplement that the current primal/paleo guru recommends is not the way to do it.

Relax. Sleep. Play. Go meditate for 20 minutes. That will do you a world of good rather than the insane craziness I see on the web.
    Last edited by patski; 05-23-2013 at 07:21 AM.
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Quote Originally Posted by patski View Post
    This collective dick-measuring about who is right and who isn't is tiring. Both sides need to chill, and take a healthy dose of Fuckitol as Grumpy states.

All I know is, I've taken Matt's advice eating very easy to digest carbs, sugar, dairy and eggs, and I'm feeling better and actually having regular BM for the first time...in...uh...ever? While I appreciate the basic tenants of paleo, the community and the 'lifestyle' or Way of Eating has really turned into a cult with people turning into hypochondriac, orthorexic snobs who cannot take a lick of criticism or even think they might be other ways for people to live and eat healthfully.

Obsessing and endless researching on the net, buying every single fucking supplement that the current primal/paleo guru recommends is not the way to do it.

Relax. Sleep. Play. Go meditate for 20 minutes. That will do you a world of good rather than the insane craziness I see on the web.
    I disagree. I won't say why, or about what.

patski is offline Senior Member
    Cool story, bro.
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Zach is offline Banned
    Sorry, jack. I honestly dont care at all to go through hours of Matt Stones writing just to point out why some random persons opinion of him is wrong. I also dont care to back up everything i say with "facts" because again, i dont care if you or any others believe me or decide to eat a certain way based on my recomendations. Facts will get you nowhere fast in the end because most facts are actually just theorys or opinions disguised as facts. Go ahead and take Mark Sissons word on the carb curve if you like but i would certainly never call it a fact even though asserts it as so. At the end of the day i deal in real life experiences and common sense.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast