Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Take Matt Stone Seriously? page 7

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Paleobird, you should just stick to your own thread. It's bloated enough to accommodate your ego comfortably.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Sounded very accurate to me. I fully admit I have read very little of Matt Stone's writing. There is no need to read a whole lot of that illiterate rambling to realize that it is a waste of time.
    Stone's focus is more on mental health imo. I have his writings (and the support of people on MDA who are down with his philosophy, like Zach) to thank for helping me get over my ED.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpycakes View Post
    Do you take Mark Sisson seriously?
    LOL! I actually get a nice vibe from Mark. Most of his philosophy is pretty sound: play, move slowly, get sun etc. The "no-more-than-150gs-carbs-unless-you're-a-super-athlete" approach is what alienates people from him.
    Last edited by YogaBare; 05-20-2013 at 02:03 AM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I have a valid opinion. It just happens to be different from yours. And thanks so much for the advice on my character flaws. Who is being arrogant?
    On this matter, you have no valid opinion because you know nothing. How hard is that to understand. And yes you are very arrogent, among other things.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    To answer the question in the thread title from my perspective, no, I don't take him seriously. All I know about him I've learned by reading this thread, and I will let those of you with opinions duke it out.

Frank of Denmark is offline Junior Member
    Hi, Doc!
    I would like to back you up with a very positive experience i had with a chiropractor. In 1996 i managed to dislocate my lower due to poor lifting technique. I was pulling hard on a handle to unload a motorized wheelbarrow, and suddenly my back made a sound("CRUNCH.....")and i could not stand up straight. I went to see my doctor and he refused to send me to a chiropractor and told me i would have to pay for such mumbo-jumbo myself. And then he gave me a blockade consiting of four VERY painful injections, and some painkillers. If he had sent me to a chiropractor it would have been free. I told him would go see a chiropractor on my own. The painkillers did not work, but the chiropractor did.45 minutes later i was able to walk home again. I was still sore, but she told me that was to be expected. I just had to be extra careful during the next four weeks and i would be fine.
    Grok on, everyone!
    Frank
    Last edited by Frank of Denmark; 05-20-2013 at 07:45 AM. Reason: made a few incoorect spacings

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    I sincerely just dislike anybody going negative. I know stones and glasshouses and stuff, but this is a forum and we are not trying to position ourselves as an authority. Well, I'm not anyway.

I think if you are really interested in this sort of information then go ahead and just read Ray Peat. At least he follows the research and his interpretation of it without dumping on a bunch of other people simply for effect.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    I sincerely just dislike anybody going negative. I know stones and glasshouses and stuff, but this is a forum and we are not trying to position ourselves as an authority. Well, I'm not anyway.

I think if you are really interested in this sort of information then go ahead and just read Ray Peat. At least he follows the research and his interpretation of it without dumping on a bunch of other people simply for effect.
    I'm in agreement with you on the negativity NH. It's always foolish to say that you have now "seen the light" cos' you never know when you might have to eat your words...

Saying that, he's very different to Peat. His focus is more on encouraging people to develop healthy relationships with food and with their bodies, whilst keeping the science (Ray Peat's science) in mind. That's what I take from him anyway.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    On this matter, you have no valid opinion because you know nothing. How hard is that to understand. And yes you are very arrogent, among other things.
    I love you too, Zach.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Stone's focus is more on mental health imo. I have his writings (and the support of people on MDA who are down with his philosophy, like Zach) to thank for helping me get over my ED.

LOL! I actually get a nice vibe from Mark. Most of his philosophy is pretty sound: play, move slowly, get sun etc. The "no-more-than-150gs-carbs-unless-you're-a-super-athlete" approach is what alienates people from him.
    Both of them are sincere in their approaches and believe they are doing good. You are right in that Matt is more about mental health and recovering from eating disorders. You can find healthy people across all ways of eating so I find that turning to one person for advice about what specifically to put in your belly can be pretty useless. What I've found on this site is that for a very select few, paleo/primal works quick and easy and they get their ideal bodies within months -- and then they disappear. The rest of us get stuck in this limbo where we're /almost/ there, for months and years, tweaking and tweaking and obsessing. I'm not sure where I'm going with this except to prescribe a healthy dose of Fuckitol.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Matt's the only one who admits that the cult of diet and exercise MAKES you sick.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast