Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Take Matt Stone Seriously? page 2

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    No....no i dont.

I've been checking out his videos for the last 2 days on youtube. Just do a search for 'Matt Stone 180'. He's dedicated, highly informed and passionate and definitely 180 from Paleo. His basic message 'rings true' to me, both logically and from experience. Doesn't mean I'm 'going there' though.

As another poster wrote, he's 'been there, done that' with a lot more stuff in the health arena than most (including paleo). That alone gives him a lot of cred with me.

Lastly, it's probably a good idea for anyone before 'fully committing' to paleo at least give contrarian views a listen.

Another point about Matt, he's as much 'health psychologist' as diet guru. Actually he's much more about psychology than diet.

Of course he knows a lot about nutrition and physiology too. One of his basic points is that a lot of other things are more important than diet in determining health and weight, things like sleep.

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PaleoLogicCheck View Post
    I've been checking out his videos for the last 2 days on youtube. Just do a search for 'Matt Stone 180'. He's dedicated, highly informed and passionate and definitely 180 from Paleo. His basic message 'rings true' to me, both logically and from experience. Doesn't mean I'm 'going there' though.

As another poster wrote, he's 'been there, done that' with a lot more stuff in the health arena than most (including paleo). That alone gives him a lot of cred with me.

Lastly, it's probably a good idea for anyone before 'fully committing' to paleo at least give contrarian views a listen.
    Yeah he really has a wide ranging background, similar to mine. Seems like a lot of people who go through the vegan/raw food-paleo-primal-low/VLC sequence wind up with view like MS. He certainly resonates with me.

Been listening some more...and another thing about Matt..he's funny

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member

Dracil is offline Senior Member

Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PaleoLogicCheck View Post
    Been listening some more...and another thing about Matt..he's funny

I really don't kow enough about this dude to hate on him, but is he maybe doing a guest-host in someone else's living room/kitchen? Is he from New York City, maybe? I can't stop looking at the atrocious clutter behind him. Ahhhh!!!! I'm clausterphobic. He also does not look like a weightlifter.

Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracil View Post
    That may all be true, but give the devil his due, that is one funny video and really makes his point.

Moochy is offline Senior Member
    why are you here if you think Matt Stone is SOOO knowledgeable? You are in the wrong place.
    Primal/Paleo is not for everyone, it's for those who have committed to understand.
    READ THE BOOK! ...as Robb Wolf says: "Trying to convince people to save their own ass will burn you out."

Vegetarians are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit, and an affront to all I stand for -- the pure enjoyment of food. Anthony Bourdain

and yes, calories DO count my little piggies

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast