Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Do You Take Matt Stone Seriously? page 11

Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    It's called confirmation bias. You see what you're looking for, and it reinforces in your mind that it is ubiquitous, while not seeing what you are not interested in skews the reality you are perceiving.

This is not a paleo site. If you want to blame people here for what you've read on other sites, that's your issue.
    But this is a "community" remember. We are all led to believe that all of this information stems from the evolution of man millions of years ago. How can you say this is not a Paleo site? I see you are in the same box as Paleobird. Advocating some carbs makes one a "outlier". - I thought that wasn't a Paleo site?

Besides, I've only recently started to write on this forum after not doing very well for 2 years of "Paleo" where all of the underlying principles are the same. It's not hard to remember the basic principles of the way of eating. No: Grains, legumes, dairy, bad fats and processed sugar.
    Last edited by Nstocks; 05-23-2013 at 02:04 PM.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nstocks View Post
    But this is a "community" remember. We are all led to believe that all of this information stems from the evolution of man millions of years ago. How can you say this is not a Paleo site? I see you are in the same box as Paleobird. Advocating some carbs makes one a "outlier". - I thought that wasn't a Paleo site?
    Clearly it makes you feel better to pretend that this is a "Paleo" site, and there is one and only one true "Paleo", and "Primal" is an evil pretender. So be it.

But please, don't lie to me. I said ChocoTaco is an "outlier", yup. It is nothing but a lie to say that he advocates "some carbs". He advocates a diet of essentially no fat and hundreds of grams of carbs. For everybody, regardless of how they respond. Absolutely everybody.

Besides, I've only recently started to write on this forum after not doing very well for 2 years of "Paleo" where all of the underlying principles are the same. It's not hard to remember the basic principles of the way of eating. No: Grains, legumes, dairy, bad fats and processed sugar.
    Your way of eating may be a flavor of "paleo" where all dairy is EVIL. Clearly you believe that your way of eating is the One True Paleo. Clearly you have some reason for misrepresenting the basic principles of this site. Or perhaps your confirmation bias is so great that you have projected your own preferences on everyone here and found them wanting.

So be it. Good luck finding a site that is pure enough for you.

Zach is offline Banned
    Haha, get over it. The vast majority or paleo/primal followers are at least a little bit neurotic and orthorexic, bordering on phobic of one thing or another. I know primal is your baby and you feel the need to defend it but dont pretend not to see the reality of what this diet cultivates in the average follower.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Odd that you of all people are claiming others here are neurotic and othorexic, Zach.

Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    Clearly it makes you feel better to pretend that this is a "Paleo" site, and there is one and only one true "Paleo", and "Primal" is an evil pretender. So be it.

But please, don't lie to me. I said ChocoTaco is an "outlier", yup. It is nothing but a lie to say that he advocates "some carbs". He advocates a diet of essentially no fat and hundreds of grams of carbs. For everybody, regardless of how they respond. Absolutely everybody.

Your way of eating may be a flavor of "paleo" where all dairy is EVIL. Clearly you believe that your way of eating is the One True Paleo. Clearly you have some reason for misrepresenting the basic principles of this site. Or perhaps your confirmation bias is so great that you have projected your own preferences on everyone here and found them wanting.

So be it. Good luck finding a site that is pure enough for you.
    Where have I lied? Marksdailyapple.com... What is that now, a place to buy used car parts? What is this then, if it isn't a Paleo/Primal site? Real food site? Sure, but technically real food could be WAPF which includes grains and dairy.

My OLD way of Paleo probably was all dairy = evil. Thankfully I'm not narrow minded and can change to benefit myself. I would have never eaten the way I do now if somebody didn't have the guts to say that eating a lot of fruit is healthy. When I posted my original thread about Paleo troubles, first you suggested a water fast. Most others recommended to "Paleo harder", eat more fat, cut down the 50g of carbs I was eating from sweet potato. Now, tell me that this isn't a strict idealistic forum for the like minded people of yourself.

I don't need another site, I've managed to get a lot of my issues sorted here. I still believe in real food for most of the diet (Don't worry, Mark says 80/20 is ok and sustainable). As far as projecting my own preferences go, I do exactly what everyone else does on here: Tell people my experience.

Again, most of this is based on the basic Paleo principles. The fundamental underlying diet choices as a widespread propaganda for any human being whom wants to try to better their health and is coming trying to get over pretty much any ailment.
    Last edited by Nstocks; 05-23-2013 at 02:55 PM.

Zach is offline Banned
    Odd that you of all people are claiming others here are neurotic and othorexic, Zach.
    Why?

jackaaron is offline Member
    The funny thing is I likely won't even BE paleo for more than six months and that's IF I even decide to do it. And no dairy? Ha that's not what this site seems to advocate as explained earlier.
    I am open to EVEN Zachs way of eating. All I'm saying is we should be able to back up claims right? Seems fair to me.

Paleobird Guest
    Some people just need something to rail against. If it's not there, they create it out of straw.

Be well however you choose to eat.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    To be fair to Choco, what I have seen him advocate is not no-fat, high carb but more the idea that primal/paleo is not always about eating the fattiest cut of meat or full-fat whatever. He says it is okay to eat chicken breast or low fat yogurt, and he is correct. If one is counting calories one can eat more of lower fat foods. Will they have the same satiating affect? Perhaps, perhaps not, but I think much of that is n=1 and whether protein (even in low fat form) or fat is more satiating is something I have seen debated here. As for macros, if I remember correctly Choco suggests 40/30/30 (carb/fat/protein) for normal/average people. That is not outlandish, though obviously does not work for all especially those with neurological conditions or perhaps those with lots of weight to lose. Choco eats beef, he eats icecream, he has great pictures of cheesecake etc in his food journal - he is not afraid of fat. I just do not think he holds it to as high a level as many here do. The same goes for carbs - he is young, active, and tries to counter the lowcarb idea that some here have.

In short, different ideas work for different people. Often bacon gets emphasized because after decades of "NO FAT ALLOWED!" the idea of bacon being okay is a huge selling point. That does not mean everyone eats it daily. Also, I think sometimes those who favor more carbs come across as carb pushers because "hey, a potato is okay," doesn't really get their point across. Eh, either way, eat what works for you and be happy. I intend to.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Paleobird Guest
    Choco and I are two good examples of how inclusive Primal can be.

He is there with his safe starches and fat free cottage cheese and skinless chicken.
    I am here mostly carnivorous and ketogenic.

Neither of us eat pork. (So much for the myth that all Primal bow to the Bacon God daily)
    Both of us eat dairy. (So much for that myth.)

We have very different diets. His works for a weight lifting young guy and mine works for a post menopausal woman with epilepsy. We are both Primal. There is lots of room under the Primal tent for variations, preferences, and experimentations.

People who want to start a blog have to have a "hook", something that gets people's interest and gets them fired up. Matt stone's seems to be painting all of primal/paleo with a broad brush as a monolithic orthorexic bunch of food nazis and then ranting against that. Oh well, whatever gets hits on your blog I guess.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast