Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Take Matt Stone Seriously? page 10

Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by patski View Post
    This collective dick-measuring about who is right and who isn't is tiring. Both sides need to chill, and take a healthy dose of Fuckitol as Grumpy states. Why? One day, we're all going to die. And when we're on our deathbeds, I'm sure we'll be wondering why we spent hours on the internet wracking our brains over what to eat, how often, are carbs teh devil?!?!!?, is this a toxin?!?! etc.

All I know is, I've taken Matt's advice eating very easy to digest carbs, sugar, dairy and eggs, and I'm feeling better and actually having regular BM for the first time...in...uh...ever? While I appreciate the basic tenants of paleo, the community and the 'lifestyle' or Way of Eating has really turned into a cult with people turning into hypochondriac, orthorexic snobs who cannot take a lick of criticism or even think they might be other ways for people to live and eat healthfully.

Obsessing and endless researching on the net, buying every single fucking supplement that the current primal/paleo guru recommends is not the way to do it.

Relax. Sleep. Play. Go meditate for 20 minutes. That will do you a world of good rather than the insane craziness I see on the web.
    I feel the same. Nobody really knows what the best approach to health is, everyone is kinda winging it here. Everyone is so different.

Since I've started to eat easy to digest foods (carbs from fruit mostly) and included dairy (having taken it out for 4 years) I finally feel alive! People will argue that the 'lifestyle' choice isn't a cult, but the moment you mention something that isn't in the Paleo bible (diet of fucking bacon and broccoli), people are quick to bash you out of the group. There are very, very few exceptions from the paleo authors.

I think that it's mostly important to upgrade the quality of any food group in this 'lifestyle choice' rather than obsessing over whether or not it's good for you. One's body will inform the effects of food group 'X'.

Looking back, I cannot believe how much I spend on supplements and these supposedly "super foods" that aren't supplements, but are "food". I never felt or looked any different taking them, but I feel great not pouring what little income I have into a jar of powder and instead buy raw milk!

Thanks to those whom helped me realise that there is more to what we eat than meat and veg. Thanks for holding a mirror up to my reality of the past few years and helping me realise that it was not working. Just because someone wrote about it doesn't mean it works.
    Last edited by Nstocks; 05-23-2013 at 07:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    At the end of the day i deal in real life experiences and common sense.
    I'm very thankful to be on the receiving end of that. Thank you for not telling me to "PALEO HARDER". I'm starting to feel alive now that I the two food groups I've avoided for years: Fruit and dairy. (raw milk).

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Besides, "facts" are usually revealed to be anecdotal and based on confirmation bias. "Thousands of people I have had personal contact with" may turn out to be "three or four people who have had a problem their whole lives and written about it multiple times" or even "one guy who has since changed his mind".

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nstocks View Post
    I'm very thankful to be on the receiving end of that. Thank you for not telling me to "PALEO HARDER". I'm starting to feel alive now that I the two food groups I've avoided for years: Fruit and dairy. (raw milk).

The is something magical about the fruit and dairy combo!

jackaaron is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Sorry, jack. I honestly dont care at all to go through hours of Matt Stones writing just to point out why some random persons opinion of him is wrong. I also dont care to back up everything i say with "facts" because again, i dont care if you or any others believe me or decide to eat a certain way based on my recomendations. Facts will get you nowhere fast in the end because most facts are actually just theorys or opinions disguised as facts. Go ahead and take Mark Sissons word on the carb curve if you like but i would certainly never call it a fact even though asserts it as so. At the end of the day i deal in real life experiences and common sense.
    I'm surprised to see, "I also dont care to back up everything i say with "facts" because again, i dont care if you or any others believe me or decide to eat a certain way based on my recommendations."

I doubt you would put that as part of your signature, (the part that currently says "Let's talk about carbs...") although I wish more people, who really don't care on this site, WOULD put that in their signature so I would just know ahead of time.

That way I don't read through their posts, and read some of the people they recommend, ask them questions through PM, challenge them (as everyone should be challenged on their views), and find out that it was pointless lol.

Zach is offline Banned
    Tell me why is should care what you or anyone else thinks? I still honestly dont understand your line of questioning.

I have helped at least 10 people directly through this site, get their health and quality of life in a better place. These people were willing to have an open mind an experiment. These are people who have directly contacted me and i have built at least a little of a relationship with. That is the only reason i am here. Debating health with randoms who already have their minds made up is absolutely not something im interested in.

The only reason i posted in this thread was to defend a friend who was gettig unfairly criticized from people who know very little to nothing about him or his work.

In the end, i have found what works, and thats all i care about. If others get helped along the way, thats just a bonus.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by patski View Post
    While I appreciate the basic tenants of paleo, the community and the 'lifestyle' or Way of Eating has really turned into a cult with people turning into hypochondriac, orthorexic snobs who cannot take a lick of criticism or even think they might be other ways for people to live and eat healthfully.

Obsessing and endless researching on the net, buying every single fucking supplement that the current primal/paleo guru recommends is not the way to do it.

Relax. Sleep. Play. Go meditate for 20 minutes. That will do you a world of good rather than the insane craziness I see on the web.
    Um, Pat, you know I adore you but seriously ?l?! Primal is all about sleep, de-stressing, playing and meditating.

Lots of people here don't take any supplements, myself included and Mark even said in so many words at the last AHS that supps were not necessary for a healthy person eating optimally.

Yes, there are some hypochondriac headcases with serious ED problems around these boards, I suspect any health/fitness related site attracts its share of them, but that is not Primal. smh.

Since I've started to eat easy to digest foods (carbs from fruit mostly) and included dairy (having taken it out for 4 years) I finally feel alive! People will argue that the 'lifestyle' choice isn't a cult, but the moment you mention something that isn't in the Paleo bible (diet of fucking bacon and broccoli), people are quick to bash you out of the group. There are very, very few exceptions from the paleo authors.

Looking back, I cannot believe how much I spend on supplements and these supposedly "super foods" that aren't supplements, but are "food". I feel great not pouring what little income I have into a jar of powder and instead buy raw milk!

Thanks to those whom helped me realise that there is more to what we eat than meat and veg. Thanks for holding a mirror up to my reality of the past few years and helping me realise that it was not working. Just because someone wrote about it doesn't mean it works.
    News flash. Not everyone who eats Primal lives on broccoli and bacon and never touches milk or fruit. In fact I never eat broccoli or bacon and often eat dairy and fruit.

There are a lot of ways to be Primal. IDK where this "cult of Primal" myth sprung up. Maybe on Matt's site. The same place one learns to insert an f bomb in every sentence perhaps?
    Last edited by Paleobird; 05-23-2013 at 12:07 PM.

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    I'm sure when I read TPB it didn't say you couldn't eat fruit and dairy.. Sure it suggests you avoid dairy if it causes you issues, but that's a no brainier, right?

Even beyond Primal, paleo "gurus" like Robb Wolf suggest you just cut out dairy for the first month, then reintroduce it to test if you do have any reaction. If you don't, fill your boots. Surely, just common sense?
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    News flash. Not everyone who eats Primal lives on broccoli and bacon and never touches milk or fruit. In fact I never eat broccoli or bacon and often eat dairy and fruit.

There are a lot of ways to be Primal. IDK where this "cult of Primal" myth sprung up. Maybe on Matt's site. The same place one learns to insert an f bomb in every sentence perhaps?
    Ok, it must just be ALL of the Paleo books and blogs which clearly say "NO DAIRY". There are very, very few exceptions to which I pointed out. As far as fruit goes, I have yet to see the recommendation of more than 4 portions of fruit (not just berries) in this "non-cult". Which, according to you are only allowed on "special occasions".

Again, it must just I that I happens to see every thread about eating bacon (or steak) for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and desserts in some weird way. (Chocolate bacon brownies for instance). Again, it must be exclusive to my eyes only, but whenever I see the Paleo authors (mostly) talk about FAQ's or queries from newcomers, they state over and over again to newcomers that you don't have to eat chicken and broccoli at every meal. (We have to get our information from somewhere, hence the exaggeration of the authors) Again, it must just be I whom see's those comments and wonder why the newcomers come to the conclusion that Paleo is just about chicken and broccoli.

I've visited Matt's site once or twice. I've barley heard of the guy so no, he didn't brainwash me into this "non-cult". Are you really that ignorant to let the posts that Mark himself write about saying "this is not a bible" just wash over you? You put yourself in a box 'Paleobird'.

I know you must think that you are superior to most (I've seen a lot of your posts) but the occasional swear wear is allowed if one feels the need to express themselves. Don't worry, Robb Wolf does it too! I guess that because you are so regimented into the black and white, right or wrong on this forum, this kind of outburst is prohibited.
    Last edited by Nstocks; 05-23-2013 at 01:56 PM.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Ok, it must just be ALL of the Paleo books and blogs which clearly say "NO DAIRY". There are very, very few exception to which I pointed out. As far as fruit goes, I have yet to see the recommendation of more than 4 portions of fruit (not just berries) in this "non-cult". Which, according to you are only allowed on "special occasions".

Again, it must just I that I happens to see every thread about eating bacon (or steak) for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and desserts in some weird way. (Chocolate bacon brownies for instance). Again, it must be exclusive to my eyes only, but whenever I see the Paleo authors (mostly) talk about FAQ's or queries from newcomers, they state over and over again to newcomers that you don't have to eat chicken and broccoli at every meal. Again, it must just be I that see's those comments and wonder why the newcomers come to the conclusion that Paleo is just about chicken and broccoli.

I've visited Matt's site once or twice. I've barley heard of the guy so no, he didn't brainwash me into this "non-cult". Are you really that ignorant to let the posts that Mark himself write about saying "this is not a bible" just wash over you? You put yourself in a box 'Paleobird'.

I know you must think that you are superior to most (I've seen a lot of your posts) but the occasional swear wear is allowed if one feels the need to express themselves I guess that because you are so regimented into the black and white, right or wrong of this forum, this kind of outburst is prohibited.
    It's called confirmation bias. You see what you're looking for, and it reinforces in your mind that it is ubiquitous, while not seeing what you are not interested in skews the reality you are perceiving.

This is not a paleo site. If you want to blame people here for what you've read on other sites, that's your issue.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast