Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can a person eat too much grease page

Ninjagirl is offline Junior Member

Primal Fuel

My supper last night was lettuce covered with super greasy ground beef (like half a cup of grease, salsa, cheese and 3 scoops of 14% milk fat sour cream. I had one bowl of super and I felt too full. I felt super thirsty and tired, so I had a glass of water and went to bed. This morning I was puking up the rest of my supper.

My question is, did I eat to much grease? I have only been primal a week and a half. Could it just be that I have to allow time to adjust to eating greasier food?

brian7972 Guest

I'd guess it was the combination of fat and sour cream that did the trick, not "too much" fat.

It tasted wonderful, maybe I just ate too much

chocolatechip69 is offline Junior Member

Are you sure the beed was fres?

I mean, it's difinitely possible to eat too much grease, but my guess would be either the beef wasn't very fresh or the fact that you ate cold ground feeb (Was it cold?) on a cold salad. That just sounds kinda gross. I'm sorry

No, everything was all fresh and piping hot. The beef was good, the food was good. It could be that I ate food that was too rich and I did not drink enough water with it. Maybe it would have been better to eat the rich food for breakfast and to have a lighter supper. I was kind of dehydrated last night, and the meal made me so sleepy I just crawled into bed thirsty.

LittleNappingLion is offline Senior Member

You know, I went out to eat about 2 weeks ago. Ate primally, but had a couple bites of my friends cheesecake. I got home feeling fine, then was up all night ralphing and it lasted all the next day. I cursed dairy all that day, but then it turned out I actually just had this belly bug that's going around in our area. It was on the local news channel and everything.

So maybe it was just that, NOT too much grease? But I've wondered that same thing before myself. I feel like i can eat ALOT of fat all day and sometimes I think that it can't possibly be right!

Just to be safe, my meals will be a little less greasy. I had 1/2 cup of grease in that bowl, and I probably should have settled for 1/4 cup of grease. I have also had the carb flu for the past few days. I have only been primal for 1 1/2 weeks now. Eventually I will find food that works.

Not sure how new you are to PB, but I am fairly new and had a little difficulty transitioning. I was on a low cal diet for 3 months and then switched to PB and initially the sudden spike in fats was a little hard to take. My stomach was used to hardly any fat 10-15g/day and when I suddenly began eating 90-110g/day my stomach took a while to adjust...

..Just a thought!

femininefigure is offline Junior Member

There's a bug going around. I got it, and a lot of others have gotten it.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

"Grease" sounds ... dirty

You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast