Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can a person eat too much grease page 2

mayness is offline Senior Member

Shop Now

Primalchild, that's what I was thinking. I'm pretty sure my body would start rejecting my food if I thought of it as "grease" too, hahaha! =] I was thinking it might be a Canadian vs US thing, but I see you're from Canada, too. Hmm. It must be regional anyway.

"mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

I'm blogging again, at least a little bit.

Ninjagirl is offline Junior Member

I don&#39;t always eat grease. If I am cooking ground beef or bacon, then I will eat up some of that grease. If I am eating roast then I will choose the fattiest parts. It is not like I am scarfing down grease by the gallon. Using grease adds lots of flavor to otherwise dull food. Most people used to have larders, and lard is only hard grease. Grease is not dirty. Lets give a primal cheer for grease.

TenYearStorm Guest

I call it fat. Beef fat, bacon fat, etc. Not bacon grease because that makes it sound like something you would use to lube up a car.

Ninjagirl is offline Junior Member

But fat is usually thought of as solid, when it is liquid it is grease. And I am like a car, I need lots of lube ... errr I mean grease, Vroom Vroom, and this engine needs the proper fuel to run at full capacity.

It&#39;s like adding butter to noodles, adds flavor. I didn&#39;t think this concept would be so unique on a primal living forum.

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

I was also struck by the jarring of "grease." Yes, common term in The South, but it would only refer to saturated fats at (non-Southern?)room temp and hydrogenated oils. Oh, and what I lube my car with.

The molecules are more technically lipids, regardless of appearance and viscosity. Or, in the vernacular, fats.

Not grease. Sounds like what a vegan would call our beloved fats.

piano-doctor-lady is offline Senior Member

I&#39;ve been adding lots of grease, then IF fasting if I&#39;m just not hungry. This seems to be a major difference between Primal and, for instance, Loren Cordain&#39;s version of low carbbing --- in the past, at least, he liked lean meat and lots of fiber, and I don&#39;t do well on either.

It takes a certain obstinacy and daring to eat as much side pork and coconut oil and fatty lamb as I can get myself around, but I&#39;m starting to see small improvements in physique already from it, showing that I am finally moving in the right direction.

I find if I am having a very fatty big meal, that a cup of coffee (in the middle of the day) or even decaf coffee (in the evening) along with it seems to help digestion.

So strange, that eating so many ounces of saturated fat should turn out to be the most effective step to regain health and energy. Who would have thought it?

I guess I&#39;ve reached the end of the beginning for going Primal, after about three or four weeks of unsettled eating and overdosing on one food after another (CHEESE!) only to gradually phase it out as well.

The changes are small, but I am beginning to see that they are real instead of just wishful thinking. I&#39;ve lost podge from the tops of my lower arms, for instance, as I can see looking sideways at my wrists -- and I see definition in the veins and tendons on the insides of my wrists, and nice deep dents when I flex.

Perhaps my middle doesn&#39;t stick out quite so far?

For once, I didn&#39;t measure or take photos. I&#39;m tired of turning everything into a documented science experiment. I just want to live in a way where weight, etc., will take care of itself, without my having to micro-manage it all -- and I think this is the way.

Tarlach is offline Member

Drinking rendered fat can be a bit oily, but no such thing as too much drippings.

The "Seven Deadly Sins"

Grains (wheat/rice/oats etc) . . . . . Dairy (milk/yogurt/butter/cheese etc) . . . . . Nightshades (peppers/tomato/eggplant etc)
    Tubers (potato/arrowroot etc) . . . Modernly palatable (cashews/olives etc) . . . Refined foods (salt/sugars etc )
    Legumes (soy/beans/peas etc)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12