Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help sagging underarms page

Reliance is offline Junior Member

Help sagging underarms

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi,
    Can someone, who has experienced sagging body parts during their bf process, please respond to my following concerns? I've been primal for apprx. a month now, made the bodybuilding, starve yourself, paridym shift. And, although, I'm not vigilant about counting my fat micros, I am about carb and protein micros. (pro 1grm per bodyweight, carbs under 150 more like 80). Also, I'm completely clean, and eat grass fed meat etc. Having said all that, I'm a little confused about the shape of my body. I can squeeze and inch of fat under my arms now, whereas last month I couldn't. According to Mark when you have saggy body parts you're losing muscle. But, according to my bodybuilder coach who states when your body start losing fat space empties and intime you'll tighten up...(not very scientific, I know but hopefully you get it) So which one do you think it is? Oh, also I've been IFing too every day......but still not specifically counting fat cal. Your thoughts, has anyone experienced the sagging body part syndrome on their way to their dream body transformation? Thanks!

Comma is offline Senior Member
    Callanetics (10 years younger in 10 hours) has a great underarm tightener, and Ttapp is good too. They work. Also check out dry bodybrushing on Ttapp.com, has helped a lot of people with uderarms (you do get it when you lose fat there) and other saggy skin.

Rattybag is offline Senior Member
    Callenetics!! Ive not heard that one for years! Think I have her exercise on an old Video Tape! I liked the way she had her mother working out in her videos! She was amazing!
    I'm not a complete idiot! There's parts missing!!

NicMcCool is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations you're shrinking, just give your skin time to catch up.

Unless you're sitting at 11% bodyfat (give or take a few) or lower you won't be losing muscle mass if you're getting enough protein while eating at a caloric deficit.

thank you NicMcCool..when you say, "skin time to catch up" what do you mean..what's happening to my body?
    so grateful you replied thank you Nic..also I have another guestion...am I over training? I'm doing squats- heavy -3x's per week? Before, with my bodybuilder trainer, I'd hit legs once a week ... on leg day(what a love hate relationship that was lol)...now.. the paleo way, compound movements ..sguats or deadlift 3Xs per week...nothing I'd like better than to have a tight..er... **s but I need time to grow it, dont I?
    Im not sitting at 11% more like 19% but now.... if you measured... I thought.... I'd read as having more fat because my skin is sagging?? No?
    Again, NicMcCool thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Reliance View Post
    when you say, "skin time to catch up" what do you mean..what's happening to my body?
    First off, remember that your skin is an organ. Different layers of your skin have different types of cells, and though the skin cells on the outer part of your skin (the epidermis) are constantly being lost and replaced with new cells, the skin cells under the epidermis are a bit more permanent. These layers of the skin, called the dermis and subdermis, are made up of elastic connective tissues, fibers, blood vessels and all sorts of components that can stretch or contract depending on how they’re treated.When you lose weight, and especially when you lose weight very quickly, these elastic components of your skin not only lose the layers of fat that keep them stretched out over your body, but they also don’t have much time for their elasticity to adapt to your new shape.

Am I over training?
    Short answer, Yes.
    Long answer, Maybe not.
    The real question is if you’re “under-recovering”. Overtraining results from hitting muscles that are still in their recovery stage. If you have rapid recovery times (like me, for example) hitting legs 2-3 times a week isn’t a huge issue. Most people, though, do not have such a quick turnover.
    Easy test: record your weight on a heavy day of squats. Two days later when you do the same exercise again look at your weight. If it’s not moving up, or it’s going down, more than likely you’re overtraining. (this rule does not apply when only working out a specific body part once a week)
    What constitutes a leg day? Yes, dead lifts involve the legs, but they aren’t necessarily a “leg” exercise as much as squats. If you’re focusing on each of the core exercises (squats, bench, press, deadlift, clean) only once a week, you’re not overtraining.
    ...nothing I'd like better than to have a tight..er... **s but I need time to grow it, dont I?
    A tight ass comes from both diet and exercise. Focus on proper form with squats, deads, and cleans. It’ll come.
    You can also look into variations of the exercises, ie straight leg deads, front squats, overhead squats, etc, they’ll help add muscle and round out your target areas.
    Im not sitting at 11% more like 19% but now.... if you measured... I thought.... I'd read as having more fat because my skin is sagging?? No?
    If you are using the calipers for bf testing then they measure the fat underneath the skin (hence all the pinching to remove the water from the surface). They shouldn’t measure skin if used properly.

Wanderlust is offline Senior Member
    Nick, a couple things I think aren't *entirely* accurate. Reliance is a female first, so she's going to need a higher body fat. If someone isn't working out, get 1g/lbs of protein, and a large caloric deficit they will lose muscle mass as well; although that doesn't seem to be the case here.

Reliance, just like Nick said most of the saggy-ness is most likely coming from loses fat in your arms. Women tend to store more fat in their arms then men do. So you've got more to lose there.

So give it time, keep doing what you're doing and the skin will catch up.
    "Go For Broke"
    Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
    Small Kine-168/9%
    Now- 200/8%
    Goal- 210/6%

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderlust View Post
    Nick, a couple things I think aren't *entirely* accurate. Reliance is a female first, so she's going to need a higher body fat. If someone isn't working out, get 1g/lbs of protein, and a large caloric deficit they will lose muscle mass as well; although that doesn't seem to be the case here..
    I didn't take the sex into account in my numbers. Good catch. Should read 20+-%.

As for the second point the idea is that a non-sedentary person who has a decent amount of stored fat, is reaching their protein requirements, but is eating at a caloric deficit shouldn't lose a higher ratio of muscle to fat. You also have to take into account that all physical activities are primarily aerobic vs anaerobic.

I can't cite sources here, I'm just going off of my personal experiences as well as my clients', so please don't take this as solid gold awesomesauce.

Ok, Ill do what you've recommended...heavy squat day, next wk :weight...then agan on my nxt squat day...got it! I'll report back to you....oh, great one, Obi Wan Kanobe But, my routine goes something similiar to this..would really appreciate your input

Dead lift..Just started..Lower back is kind of hurting
    Leg extension
    Free weight squat.... legs wide, ft turned, out drop weight
    Pull ups asst pull ups, cause i can't lift my body weight yet!
    Lat. pull downs
    Rows

Squats
    3 runs of lunges
    Adduction
    Chin ups asst
    Triceps mach. cause can't do dips..yet!
    Bicep curls

Squats
    Some accessory leg exercise..Butt blaster thing?
    Bench
    Press.. shoulder

Supposen I don't have enough elastic ct to shrink wrap?

.... thank you again .. Ob Won Kanobe.......so much

Wanderlust is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NicMcCool View Post
    but is eating at a caloric deficit shouldn't lose a higher ratio of muscle to fat.
    That's the key there, higher ratio of muscle to fat. Meaning they would still lose both, but differing ratios.
    "Go For Broke"
    Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
    Small Kine-168/9%
    Now- 200/8%
    Goal- 210/6%

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast