Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 53

Thread: The sweet spot between good looking and healthy BF% page 5

  1. #41
    Omni's Avatar
    Omni is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    979
    Don't take this as derogatory,
    You're only 18, most men will not get to their final mature proportions till the late 20's early 30's,
    as said by others the second pic looks healthier,
    If you are relatively active, at your age, eat like their is no tomorrow, my mother would always scold me for gorging like a wolf.
    The main thing is do you feel good, can you do the things you want to do, if you start to try to distort your body to an idealised image, then you are well on the way to years of mental and physical therapy.
    Eat well, plenty of exercise & enjoy life,
    Your body knows what it neads much better than your head does!

  2. #42
    Daydreamer's Avatar
    Daydreamer is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    France
    Posts
    371
    Who are you talking too ?
    Because people were commenting Gadsie's pictures, not mine
    Young self-caring Paleo-eater from France.
    (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

  3. #43
    Ann1217's Avatar
    Ann1217 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Providence, RI
    Posts
    158
    Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post
    Okay, tried to eat nearly 5000/6000 calories two days in a row, I feel like I'm about to vomit everything.
    I seem to have gained fat in a very unpleasant manner, only on my abdominal area, my arms, face and legs are still very skinny and too defined.
    You didn't gain fat in two days! It's just water weight, it will go away. I don't think you need to be eating to the point of feeling sick, though. Just eat normally, but definitely make sure to get enough food!

  4. #44
    Omni's Avatar
    Omni is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    979
    Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post
    Okay, tried to eat nearly 5000/6000 calories two days in a row, I feel like I'm about to vomit everything.
    I seem to have gained fat in a very unpleasant manner, only on my abdominal area, my arms, face and legs are still very skinny and too defined.
    So it's not a good idea after all...

    Went from this :
    http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/...-IMG_01553.jpg

    to this
    http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/...0-IMG_0036.jpg

    In two days.
    That's your pic's yes?
    My statement still stand.
    Some individuals have a natural six pack, but most don't, don't get yourself tangled upo in a knot about it.
    Nature did not select for those that looked like they could do the job, but rather those that actually could do the job.
    Go look at some strong men images, they show very little muscle definition, they are just strong vs body builders who look strong, but there is a question on actual abilities to drag around a locomotive.
    Who do you want to be?
    The Workhorse or the Show pony?

  5. #45
    Gadsie's Avatar
    Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Posts
    1,948
    Quote Originally Posted by paleo-bunny View Post
    You look look way healthier in your latest pic.

    Still underweight but you have good muscle definition for a guy of your age,
    Btw, you say I'm underweight. Even though I'm not sure what you're basing it on, more people seem to think it so I'll just assume it's true. But what would be a more "healthy" weight for me you think? In that last picture I'm between 135 and 145 lbs. My weight fluctuates a lot
    well then

  6. #46
    paleo-bunny's Avatar
    paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    SW England, UK
    Posts
    2,667
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann1217 View Post
    You didn't gain fat in two days! It's just water weight, it will go away. I don't think you need to be eating to the point of feeling sick, though. Just eat normally, but definitely make sure to get enough food!
    +1. Your tummy looks bigger as your guts are more distended from eating all that food. It's nothing permanent.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

  7. #47
    paleo-bunny's Avatar
    paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    SW England, UK
    Posts
    2,667
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    Btw, you say I'm underweight. Even though I'm not sure what you're basing it on, more people seem to think it so I'll just assume it's true. But what would be a more "healthy" weight for me you think? In that last picture I'm between 135 and 145 lbs. My weight fluctuates a lot
    Remind me of your height. BTW most guys your age were underweight when I was 14 - so I don't regard it as unhealthy as such. It used to be perfectly natural.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

  8. #48
    Gadsie's Avatar
    Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Posts
    1,948
    Quote Originally Posted by paleo-bunny View Post
    Remind me of your height. BTW most guys your age were underweight when I was 14 - so I don't regard it as unhealthy as such. It used to be perfectly natural.
    6'2". And yeah some of my friends are pretty damn skinny. However most I know are just a little chubby
    well then

  9. #49
    Saoirse's Avatar
    Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    6,424
    to the OP (not gadsie):
    to be honest, your latest pic looks bloated. i think you should increase your body fat, but do it in a slow, healthy way. 4-6000 calories per day? come on guys, eating until you puke is never healthy especially for a person who has a tendency to purge. from what i've read, you have time. take it slow, and really focus on becoming reacquainted with your appetite. prepare nutritious food which looks delicious to you, eat it until you feel full. because you do have fat and muscle to gain, i would recommend that you eat a little past satiation. you probably do need to teach your body to feel comfortable with higher quantities of food, but not monstrous proportions. little by little, your body will adjust to eating what it needs instead of a ton or a tiny bit. if you're not exercising a bunch, i would stick between 2000-3000 calories, but don't count if it gets you worked up. don't measure meticulously, just figure ballpark estimates so you know you're getting enough. focus on eating meat, poultry, fish, vegetables, fruit, and eggs, dairy and nuts if you like those. try out some of the paleo baking recipes and see if you like any. because you're from france, i'm going to assume most of those recipes won't appeal to you, but some might. anyway, take it slow and easy. barring some sort of endocrine issues, your body will gain the weight it needs over time.

  10. #50
    paleo-bunny's Avatar
    paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    SW England, UK
    Posts
    2,667
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    6'2". And yeah some of my friends are pretty damn skinny. However most I know are just a little chubby
    I just plugged your stats into an online calculator and you come out in the healthy range.

    BMI healthy weight calculator - Health tools - NHS Choices
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •